Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Latest on ririe
Curious if anyone could tell me latest ice conditions and if the Kokanee fishing has improved at all?
[signature]
Rode into blacktail today. Hoping for a stray walleye but ended up catching a bunch of perch. Most were 7 to 8 inches but a few went 9 to 10. Best lure was a small rainbow castmaster with no bait. Ice is 14+ inches with no slush and very little snow on top. Fished about a mile from the ramp up the willow creek arm. Didn’t see any Kokanee, but we usually don’t up that way. Hope the info helps.
[signature]
Thanks for the reply, much appreciated. Glad to hear you caught some decent perch. Maybe I will give it a shot this weekend if the edges hold up with the warmer weather coming. How were the edges for you?
[signature]
Edges were good yesterday. The warm spell may soften them up a bit for the weekend though.
[signature]
Went out early this morning and decided not to fish. Weather conditions were not good with wind, rain, and water on ice making for very slick conditions. The side by the ramp was broken up so atv access will have to be off the end of the dock. Talked with Bob, camp host, and he said two fisherman caught 7 kokes yesterday in a short time. Looks like the weather is to dry and get colder so may get a fishing window this weekend and first of next week.
[signature]
How soon will it be till you can drive a truck and boat into Blacktail?
[signature]
Any update on the water on Ririe?

Also is the road to Blacktail open yet?

Thanks

[fishon][fishon]
[signature]
I drove down today. Road is not great but open. Still capped but edges are gone around ramp area.
[signature]
Yesterday, nothing but a few perch. Talked to 1 fisherman who ice fished Ririe 8 times with poor results this year. Ice was 14 inches and no problem to get on the ice from the doc at Juniper.
[signature]
Thanks

[fishon][fishon][fishon]
[signature]
With the weather we have been having, what is the ice like at Juniper? Is it starting to go out yet? Any guesses on when it will turn back to soft water? Getting itchy finger to drop a line or two and see what soft water does to the kokes.
[signature]