Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Island Park Reservoir
My property is 3 miles north of the Resivior, near Shotgun Store. If you want to ice fish It . Bring a shovel. pictures were taken today while we were clearing the snow on my camper . We shoveled it once alredy a month ago . So this has accumulated in the last 30 days .
[signature]
My wife and I were up there on Presidents day and couldn't believe how much snow there was. Looks like another three feet since then. Hope spring kicks in soon or our favorite campground will still be snowed in on Memorial day weekend![mad]
[signature]
Unless we have an early warm spring . It could be the middle of June before we can get into our spot . To quick a thaw and flooding will be a problem .
[signature]
Seen a report on another group . Said 1 foot of snow on the ice . And 48" of ice . Said they had to use 12" extension on there auger . They caught 5 .
[signature]
Wow, that is a ton of snow, how often do you get that much show there? Does it happen every year or once every 10 yrs[:/].
[signature]
This in not normal . In February , for a 1 month record . 105 inches of snow . The previous record was 78 " . Normally we can get into out property around Memorial Day . Probably the middle of June this year .
[signature]
Received another report . Fishing was fair 3 Trout 2 Kokannee. Several Kokannee were lost at the hole . 40+ inches of ice .
[signature]
Had an awesome day on Island Park Res today. 6 trout 7 Kokanee and threw a dozen trout back, all before 1:30p. You have to dig the first 18" of snow and slush off to get your auger through the ice, but it was worth it today.

Another report from Island Park today.
[signature]
Wow, that is a lot of snow. Sounds like you did good on the kokes. How often do you catch kokes there while ice fishing?
[signature]
This was a report someone sent me . The last week they have been doing well on Kokannee. And real well on trout . I am to old to shovel 18 " of heavy snow off the ice to drill a hole .
[signature]
I hear you on that one, sound like too much work, just to catch some fish. Still good to hear they are catching some kokes there while ice fishing.
[signature]
Sounds like they are fishing on the far side of the dam. I really have to feel energetic to drag the shovel and an auger with a full extension on it. That is a lot of work but the last time we did the bite was incredible until 10:30 and then it completely died!
[signature]