Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magic
I hit the East Side of Magic this morning. Got in the water by 8 am and fished until 11. It was constant action for perch most of them 8 or 9" . I was just 100 yards out in 32 feet of water. I read on here that dead sticking didn't work and I found that was true. I caught most of them on one pole, and in fact only drilled 3 holes in the 2 feet ice. And I was the only one there. I brought home around 35.
I was trying the new lighted lures. A lure with led lights. I read about them on the Utah board and will give a more complete over on that site. Check it out.
Because I was the only one there, I drove over to the West side, just to see how they were doing. And they all had 5 or 6 perch and one guy had a trout. Those lures are $5.00 but they work. (After some modifications)
[signature]
Thanks for the report Randy, just found this post but remember when you were talking about those lighted jigs , glad to hear they worked so well. Did you ever try them again after this trip ?
[signature]
Curt, I ment to try them on bass and trout at Twin Lakes by Preston or Oneida for walleye but I never got back on the ice. They don't have replaceable batteries so I wonder if they will still work next year. I plan to order a new set next November and try them first at Henry's and then the Preston lakes. And of course another trip or two to Magic. Usually my first trip or two to Henry's is on clear ice. I think they would work better once the ice gets covered with snow. And I am not sure if they will work as good for trout. I will keep everyone informed.
[signature]
Can't you just take them apart and replace the battery yourself?
[signature]