Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview Saturday Night
Well, my brother and I headed up to Pineview with my son on Saturday. We got a late start and tried to get on the lake at Browning Point. No sir-ee-bob. If we had waders we could have made it. We did some searching and found a place that offered us a chance to access the ice.
By then we had missed any chance at perch, but we wanted crappie anyway so we set up settled in for the evening.
In a word, it “sucked”. We tried a variety of jigs and baits. Deadstick, aggressive jigging, slow jigging, slow rise and drop. Nothing. We had two bites all night. 41 fow and fish all over the screen. I couldn’t believe it.
It was a rough go but still fun to get out. I will say that if we don’t have a good cold spell the view is going to be done for the year.
I hope this helps anyone who is thinking of going up there.
[signature]
Sounds like conditions at The View have taken a downward spiral, likely won't be able to get on the ice after this weeks rain, if it rain up there. How thick was the ice, after you go on it? Any slush?
[signature]
There was plenty of ice once we got on. Probably a foot of real ice under another foot of junk and snow
[signature]