Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming Gorge Carp
Hello. Can anyone here offer any tips on how to catch carp through the ice on the Wyoming side of Flaming Gorge? I'm tired of buying sucker fillets.
[signature]
Can't help with the carp but I have a bunch of chubs in the freezer if you want some and will be around the Heber or Park City area.
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
Thanks for the kind offer, unfortunately I won't be in the vicinity.
[signature]
Last year I thought I had the carp figured out, I caught about 6 or 7 and it was a lot of fun... Been trying this year like crazy to get one for the contest and other than snagging one by the scale, that I couldn't land, I've been skunked... Last year I used a small Eagle claw tungsten black ant with half a meal worm on... I let it soak under a jaw jacker, dead sticked and it worked... This year I can't catch one for trying and I have been trying hard... Also you have to fish in an area that has lots of carp around... That is sometimes tough to find as well... I used camera's underwater to verify I was in the carp zone... Even when there, it's tough to buy a bite for me... I think buying sucker is cheaper in the long run... plus you won't waste as much time... Good luck on your decision... Later Jeff
[signature]
Thank you for the information.
[signature]
You’re welcome. J
[signature]