Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Number of posts
I just made my 1001st post on here since I joined BFT last April. I graduated from a barracuda to a largemouth bass. Since it's such a slow news day I thought I would just throw it out there. I'm not sure how many of you know that our income depends on how many posts we have; I didn't until recently. So if you have something legit to say, speak up.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

That moderator status might help get your post numbers to climb... I remember when I seen Pat had over 10,000 posts and it blew my mind... I didn't think I'd ever come close to that... I probably shouldn't have with all the blather I spread, but it's not too far away... but good tip about how posts help pay the bills for our forum... Pretty sure the majority on the site don't realize that is how the website is able to stay up and running.. Advertisers pay for the number of traffic that is at the site. A way they measure that is posts and replys... I thought that just traffic would count, so if there was lots of hits that should be good, but I guess that isn't a full up indication... Maybe you can do robo hits that aren't real and fake an active site, so they use new posts as a measure because I guess that shows signs of real life... Anyway appreciate the posts of those that care to help out... Thanks J
[signature]
[#0000FF]You have done a good job young man. May your posts increase...along with your fishing days and success percentages.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]By the way, you may wanna look at my post count if you think you have "blabber fingers". Hard to believe I have dropped that much drivel on this board.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]There are more than a few BFTers who seem to subscribe to the notion that "If you don't have anything good or worthwhile to say...say it anyway to get your post count up."
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Yes, I've noticed that you are coming up on a landmark, too. Then I look at the 30,000+ posts TD has made and think that if he didn't make many more posts and I made a thousand a year, it would take me 33 years to even get close to his numbers. That would make me 99 years old and I probably won't make any after that age [Wink][shocked]. It's like trying to catch up to EyLayo in the ice fishing contest!
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Wow I joined in 2007 and this is a weak 939 for me. Guess I need to get fishing more so I have something to talk about.
[signature]
"blabber fingers"

That's exactly the expression I was going to use for myself. Great minds and all that. Or was it "diarrhea of the fingers"?
[signature]

[#0000FF]Okay, you can stop now. Not a good visual.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]But let me know if you want to mount a serious charge to catch up with me. I could use a 30 year vacation.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Sorry.

As far as I can tell you are going strong and will keep it up for a long time to come, so, no challenge from me.
[signature]

[#0000FF]It has never been a matter of competition for me. But since I have helped get several BFT boards started, and have been both a moderator for several boards and even an admin for a time...I have had ample reasons for making a lot of posts.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]I would like to think that most of what I splatter on these boards is worthwhile. I do have my detractors but I ain't gonna pet the sweaty stuff...or however that goes.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Great job! It looks like to me that Utah has the most active BFT community? I have cruised many other states forums and they have very few posts relative to Utah.
[signature]
You’ve come a long way. Maybe you can pass some knowledge on to me this year. Congrats on your milestone.

Btw I’m going to hit Lincoln Beach tomorrow unless momma nature says otherwise if you want to join me send me a pm.
[signature]
SOOO, whats better BLABBING? or FISHING? Just saying!!! Is it equally important to give away yours secrets TOO? [bobConfused]
[signature]
[#0000FF]For verily, one begetteth the other. But more often it is fishermen that blabbeth, rather than blabbers fish.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]I dearly enjoy the fishing part, but I am also glad to be able to pass along what I think I know...and the new things I learn on almost every trip.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
One of my best kept secrets I had was catching 3-5lb Eagle Lake trout from the bank in a heavy snow storm 30yrs ago. I was thankful the wind was only slight. The crawlers I was using were of nail quality until they thawed out in the warmer water
[signature]
I have been on here over ten years, I think, but I hardly ever post anything. I don't fish anywhere near as often as some do on this site, I don't have a boat, or any super fancy equipment, but I feel welcomed here. Other sites talk down to "newbies" of which I am not. I am 55, has fished regularly since I was six, and have caught many types of fish over the years. I don't need to go to other sites to have some child denigrate me because I only have twenty posts.
[signature]
Ya know in the time I've been a member I think TD has doubled my posts in that time and seems like almost all of them have something useful and interesting to learn from.. Hope my next lot of posts are equally useful to others, but I'll have to pick up my game for sure... Thanks Pat... Craig you have done a wonderful job in a year, hope you stay interested and have fun with it... Thanks Jeff
[signature]
[#0000FF]Fake it 'til you make it.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Like TD said, just post when you've got something good or interesting to contribute....certainly we all benefit from a good report, and I don't think we have to be giving out our "secrets" to give a good report....Ask a question, New gear you've tried or are interested in? New place to go, or that you've been to? There's always something to talk about, ask about, or report on....I've sure learned alot the past 2 years I've been on, and met some good people, both online and onwater....I hope BFT here in Utah keeps on and on....Guluk...
[signature]
I like your avatar Bduck. I spent many a Sunday out at the end of the runway at Nellis AFB in Las Vegas as a kid watching jets with my dad and every now and then one of those awesome F111's would fly by...I absolutely loved feeling the power and hearing the ear shattering noise of those things flying close overhead!
[signature]
I used to N.ot have E.nough T.ime O.ff to go fishing.  Then I retired.  Now I have less time than I had before. Sheesh.
...by the way...I've been a member for 15 years (2004) and I've barely got a little over 900 posts. I guess I need to start typing.
[signature]
I used to N.ot have E.nough T.ime O.ff to go fishing.  Then I retired.  Now I have less time than I had before. Sheesh.