Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Record Bonneville Whitefish
KokeMaster (Nathan) was on Adam Eakle's show this evening, showing off his record Bonneville Whitefish, that he caught at the end of 2018, at Bear Lake. It was 4 lbs 8.96 oz, 21 7/8" inches long and had a girth of 13 1/2". If anyone deserves that record it is Nathan. He is one whitefish catching machine. Way to go Nathan.
[url "https://wildlife.utah.gov/record-fish.html"]
[/url]
[url "https://wildlife.utah.gov/record-fish.html"]Link to Utah record fish page[/url]
[signature]
I remembered that I had a picture of the record-breaking fish.

[inline Whitefish.jpeg]
[signature]
Hey Kent thanks for the post, that’s a big one for sure. I’ll bet it really pulled. I enjoy catching those white fish and they’re even better to eat. Thanks J
[signature]
Congrats KokeMaster, that is a monster whitefish. I did see this last night on Adam Eakle's show, it even won the contest for the snapshot of the week.
[signature]
[quote kentofnsl]If anyone deserves that record it is Nathan. He is one whitefish catching machine.[/quote]

You got that right Kent! I happen to be fishing with Nate the day he boated that record breaker. Yea, I pride myself as a pretty decent fisher of whitefish but I don't hold a candle to Nate. It's pretty humbling to fish next to Nate while I'm catching very few and he's landing one at least every other cast all morning long. It's fun to watch him working his magic whitefish wand.

I think that record setting fish would have weighed even more had it not lost a bunch of eggs before it got to a certified scale in Logan. And, it probably would have measured even longer too had it not had 3 hours to dry out and shrink before official measurements were photographed. But anyway, cool that Nate now has a catch in the state record books.

Way to go [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/community/community.cgi?do=user_page;pg=user_profile_view.html;username=KokeMaster"]KokeMaster[/url]!

--- Coot ---
[signature]
Nate and I are pretty good friends both on and off the water. We had planned on going out to dinner last night so he and his daughter Ashlynn showed up at my house at about 6:45. His wife had to cancel on the dinner plans due to an unexpected family matter but Nate and his daughter were still in. We had call ahead seating at Texas Roadhouse but not for another hour or so. I reminded him that his snapshot of the week episode was on right now so we decided to sit down and watch before we left to go eat. When his picture came up there was lots of Smiles in my living room and it was fun to be able to share that moment with him! At dinner his phone lit up continually from everyone congratulating him after seeing the episode...lots of fun and congrats again to Nate, get deserves it!
[signature]
I used to N.ot have E.nough T.ime O.ff to go fishing.  Then I retired.  Now I have less time than I had before. Sheesh.
Fantastic fish
[signature]
[quote Old_Coot][quote kentofnsl]If anyone deserves that record it is Nathan. He is one whitefish catching machine.[/quote]
I think that record setting fish would have weighed even more had it not lost a bunch of eggs before it got to a certified scale in Logan.

Way to go [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/community/community.cgi?do=user_page;pg=user_profile_view.html;username=KokeMaster"]KokeMaster[/url]!

--- Coot ---[/quote]

Congrats on the white fish record. One would think with an office DNR has there would be an official scale with someone certified in its use.
[signature]
You'd think so. They were closed up that day so we went to several other places in Garden City but no certified scales. We were finally able to find one at Horlackers in. Logan.
[signature]
Very cool! Just in case this thread motivates anyone to try and break that record, I'll throw a teaser out there that the Green River A-section has some huge white fish. I have snorkeled that section twice and both times I've seen white fish that I believe are in excess of 5 pounds. Again, congrates on the new record.
[signature]
Just remember everything looks 30% bigger underwater. But I’ve caught some white fish close to that length on the Weber. But that is a much fatter heavier fish for sure.
Congratulations for the record
[signature]
[quote gznokes]Very cool! Just in case this thread motivates anyone to try and break that record, I'll throw a teaser out there that the Green River A-section has some huge white fish.[/quote]

The Bonneville whitefish is a species that lives only in Bear lake. The whitefish in the streams of the area are mountain whitefish. Different species/different record.
[signature]
Oops, already answered in the post above this one.
[signature]