Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Palisade trip
A couple of us decided to try PaliSade again today. The weather has not been cooperating so we got desperate and went on a Saturday. There were a lot of bank anglers there since Nine Mile has not been an option the last couple of years.

We launched at the boat ramp at 10:00 and covered most of the reservoir fishing in 10' - 18' FOW until 2:00. We were using medium sinking lines with size 6 bead head crystal buggers in black/silver and midnight fire. The water hasn't started to clear up yet and the visibility is only about two feet. The water temperature was 40-42 degrees. All we managed to catch were small planter rainbows from 12" - 14". Sorry, there are no fish pictures, no one wants to see your average run of the mill planter rainbows.

It wasn't a bad day with very little wind and some snow. We probably won't come back here for awhile and give the water a chance to warm and clear up.[:/]
[signature]
Love that calm water. Looks like an awesome day on the lake.

Gaetz
[signature]
Thanks for the report. I tried googling PaliSade and it showed it was North West of the Upper Stillwater Res, I can't imagine any lake in the area having open water so I'm guessing that isn't where PaliSade is[:/]. I know nine mile is in Sanpete Valley, so I'm guessing PaliSade is in the same area?
[signature]
[quote wiperhunter2][:/]. I know nine mile is in Sanpete Valley, so I'm guessing PaliSade is in the same area?[/quote]

PaliSade is a State Park with an 18 hole golf course located near Sterling, UT. It's only a few miles from Nine Mile Reservoir. We use to fish Nine Mile because it was one of the first ones to thaw out in the spring but it has been drained the last two years so we had to settle for PaliSade instead.
[signature]
[quote gaetzchamp]Love that calm water. Gaetz[/quote]

Calm is really good when the air temps are in the 30's.[Wink]
[signature]
OK, thanks for the info. Are they doing repairs on the dam at Nine Mile Reservoir?
[signature]
[quote wiperhunter2]OK, thanks for the info. Are they doing repairs on the dam at Nine Mile Reservoir?[/quote]
Not that I know of. The water users have used it all the last couple of years.

It's Sad because the reservoir used to produce some good rainbows and tiger trout. The reservoir is not very deep and had lots bugs and snails and it grew the fish fast.[:/]
[signature]
That's too bad. Two years ago most of the state had a good wet Winter, I'm surprised they emptied the lake that year, unless the snow wasn't as good in that location. Seems like the whole state is doing good on snowpack this year hopefully they won't drain it this year. What is the max depth at the lake when it is full?
[signature]
[quote wiperhunter2]What is the max depth at the lake when it is full?[/quote]

Here is the information from the DWQ on Nine Mile Reservoir.

Lake elevation 5,402'
Surface area - 213 acres when full
Volume - 3,500 acre-feet
Depth - maximum 36' mean 15'
[signature]