Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wednesday fishing spot?
I'm going fishing Wednesday afternoon. I'm trying to decide between Holmes and Causey. Does anyone have some input that would help me choose?
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

You'll need at least a 12 ft plank to access the ice at Causey. I was up there on Saturday and multiple people had fallen through trying to get on the ice.
[signature]
[#800000][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Weather wise, Wednesday is the WORST day this week to go fishing anywhere. You may want to reconsider and pick another day.
[/size][/font][/#800000]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Were you able to get on the ice at Causey? If so, how did you do?
[signature]
If causey is as bad as pdogg said, then Holmes will be much worse.
[signature]
Fished Causey yesterday afternoon. I was able to walk on and off the ice without a plank on the south end of the dam. Didn't try by the spillway this time. Still plenty of ice with snow on top and only a touch of slush in the sun.
[signature]
I wasn't. I tried the south end of the dam as well, but could not get on even with my 6ft plank.
[signature]
Dubob fished Mantua today and said that the access was pretty good. Maybe we should consider that instead of Holmes. Causey may not be too hard either with your 12 foot plank.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

5 lite taps with a chisel went thru the ice at hyrum on sat. It was supersoft with only 2in of semi solid ice underneath pure mushy layer. I walked on it but didn't dare go far. I would not get on holmes if I were you. There's no way it's safe at valley temps. Mantua should be okay for a little while. After that only strawberry and scofield. And of course places like trial, pass, and mirror lakes but you'd need a snowmobile and 60ft auger lol.
[signature]