Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry 3-10-2019
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]I've been fishing Strawberry in March for the last 4 years. Yesterday, with Mike and the group, it was absolutely the worst conditions I've ever seen. It was a good trip for some of the group - Mike caught a kokanee - but for me, it was very slow with only 4 cutthroat. One in the slot and 3 below the slot and 2 of those were no bigger around than a hammer handle. I was riding single and pulling 2 sleds going out and didn't have any issues. I had to leave earlier than the group because of a meeting I had to attend at 6:30 PM in Ogden. I left about 2 PM pulling one sled and again had no issues with the slush.[/size][/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]
[/size][/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]The slush is bad enough this year that I will not being making any further trips up there. I may get one or two more trips to Mantua and possible one trip to Woodruff Reservoir before I pack it in for the year. Anybody with a snowmobile interested in Woodruff next week, let me know. Its about a 7 mile snowmobile ride in and I won't do that alone. The snow will not be as bad as in the Uintas, but may have a slush problem as well. Won't know until we get there as there have been no reports lately. The cutthroat fishing can be very good up there and there is no slot limit. I need 4 trout for the smoker. [Wink]
[/size][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."