Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 Catfish Contest Piscophilic
3/19/2019

Utah Lake

23, 25.5, 28

Sorry the lighting isn't up to snuff. The aligator clip on my "board light" rusted over the winter and I couldn't get it to work. I will install a real switch before next time.

[#00bf00]Jim, do you have a better picture of the 28? From what I can see, which isn't very clear, it looks like it doesn't cross the 28 line... So for now 23, 25.5 and 27.5 points, but you can resubmit the 28 if you have a picture that shows it better... Sorry I know it's very close, but appears to not touch or cross the line from what I can see.... Jeff[/#00bf00]
[signature]
Way to go! Those fish should put the south in the lead, at least until John goes fishun' again.
[signature]
Nice haul Pisco [Wink] Caught before sun-up, or after dark ?
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
John can't carry the full team, some of the rest of us northerners have to get out there and catch a few to turn the tables... Man 81 points, that's the biggest lead the south has had in a couple years... Maybe I'll sneak out tonight... Later J
[signature]
Thanks! It's good that he catches big fish but not usually big numbers or we wouldn't even see a short term lead[Wink]
[signature]
I don't know if you take eyewitness reports into account Jeff, but I personally arranged the tail so that the tail was just a titch over the 28" line on one of the pictures. Maybe he can post it. Anyway, if you only give 27.5" I want you to know he wasn't telling a "stretcher". Besides, he'll bypass that soon anyway.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Craig,
I don't doubt the 28 length at all, I mean it's less than a 1/16" short, and I'd accept the witness statement as well, but I think we have the rules set up to say, "What the pictures show is what we score" This puts the burden on the fisherman to verify the photos were good before you release the fish, and I'm terrible at doing that myself but I think this is how we stay consistent in our scoring and don't get into the gray area of what we accept for one we don't for another... I'm not too strict on scoring, so I can be swayed by a public outcry, but I'm just trying to keep a method and stick with it the best I can... Hope everyone is okay with this... Thanks Jeff
[signature]
Jeff, I sent you a PM, and I guess I should have sent it public. I am fine with 27.5 and you can only score what you can see. I think you do a great job!
[signature]
Thanks Jim I appreciate the support when I have to make tight and tough calls like that one. Much easier when they are in the middle of the zone. The worst part of this situation is if it was a tape I probably couldn’t have made the call that close. Guess I better quit or I’ll be second guessing myself. Thanks again. Jeff
[signature]
Craig, I didn't see a post for your 2 fish. Did the pictures not turn out? I have a usable picture for the 21.5, but I didn't take one of the 26.
[signature]
I am still learning how to upload my photos from camera to computer; my son helps me but he has been busy with school and work. You know I started working with the very first Macs back in 1987 doing desktop publishing so you'd think I could figure out how to do this. But I'm usually excited about posting my fish so we don't take the time for tutoring. Sad story, hunh?
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Utah Lake

3 26 2019

25"

The board light is working agian, but the fish were mostly hiding yesterday. Although as you said, a 25 is a lot more fun than a smaller one.

[#00bf00]Nice job Jim good for 25 points and tied up with Pat... They do get a lot more fun when they cross that 24" line... some do anyway, I've a had a few that forget to fight, but some others think they are even bigger...[/#00bf00]
[signature]
June 6, 2019

Utah Lake

[#00bf00]Hey Jim, nice to see another one hit the board... Good for 26.5 points...[/#00bf00]
[signature]
Utah Lake

6/13/2019

27 inches and 27 inches

[#00bf00]Man that was so close to the next half, but 27 and 27 points... Nice to see your score on the rise... Won't be long and you'll be pushing the top..[/#00bf00]
[signature]
You'r making it hard to keep up with you on points.

Glad you were able to get out.

Violet and I wanted to get out again today but there was just too much to do to day.

rj
[signature]
You guys are both sneaking up on me, as well you should. Maybe we can all catch up with Violet. Be fun to try.
[signature]

It has been a lot of fun out there lately. I hope you guys can get out soon!
[signature]
Maybe we can catch her at the blitz!
[signature]
Yeah, but she'll be there, too, and she has an uncanny way of catching the big ones. But it's all for the good--Go South!
[signature]

Good going Jim. Hey, couldn't help but notice the spaghetti in, out, and around your Perko switch.
I happen to know an old aircraft electrician that also has done some boat rewiring if you ever have the need to do some electrical work on that boat.

[Wink]
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool