Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oneida
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has been up to Oneida lately? Is there still ice and if not, anybody been on the lake to fish it? I'm hoping to get up there in the next week or so.

Mike
[signature]
I was wondering the same thing. Any update anyone has would be appreciated. I’ve never fished it but plan to give it try as soon as ice is off.
[signature]
Guys I'm about 90% sure the ice should be off, the rest of the bear, cutler system is cleared as of last week, so I'd take the boat if you go... Good luck... Jeff
[signature]
Thanks Jeff
[signature]
You're welcome, I hope it will treat you well... So much water flowing on the Bear now that I think that would clear the ice, even if the warmer temperatures didn't do it... Sorry I haven't seen it for myself so I could make that a 100% on the info... Later Jeff
[signature]
I haven’t made it up to Oneida yet. Anybody else been there yet?
[signature]
Not yet. What about the smallmouths below the dam?
[signature]
I think Mike was going to try it so hopefully he will give you a heads up. Later J
[signature]
I made it up and tried the river below the dam. The day I went it was wet and the road was slimed and slick in a few spots, but doable. Fishing was good from the campground and downstream. Right below the dam sucked unfortunately.....no fish were harmed there! I thought it would be awesome, but I think the water coming out is just too cold right now. The water felt barely warmer than a popsicle! In the pool beside the campground and in a few holes down stream I got a few smallies and several trout. The trout were all rainbows and between 11-15 inches. All caught on a 1/8 ounce jig head and a 2.5" black shad gulp minnow. Give it another 3-4 weeks and it will turn on I'm thinking.

Mike
[signature]
Thanks for the update Mike. Almost done with my tax prep so soon I’ll be looking to get out fishing. Later J
[signature]
Hi everybody I am new to big fish tackle but would love to help everybody in reporting my fishing adventures. I went to Oneida and fish the reservoir and the river it was very high and muddy we did not catch anything, we drifted worms tried spinners and Lures for four hours with no luck. As soon as the runoff slows And water clarity improves this is one of my favorite locations to fish for smallmouth bass I will continue to post updates on how I do there.
[signature]
Is it usually good in June, I'd like to try and get over there and do some fishing.
[signature]
Welcome to the site Drlewis43, I'm sure the fishing will improve in the coming weeks, until then, it sounds like it is hit and miss, depending on the day.
[signature]
We!come Drlewis43. I'll be watching for your reports on Oneida.
[signature]
Welcome to the site, Driewis, and thanks for your generous offer to share ! Look forward to hearing much more from you, and all of us will do the same. Mike, moderator
[signature]
Welcome to BFT, nice to have you joining us... It's great to have other like minded addicts to consort with... Hope you enjoy the site and let us know if you have any questions... Later J
[signature]
Thank you for welcoming me everyone I hope to help everyone as well. I will also be posting on Kokanee fishing in Utah on the Utah board as well as flaming George and some spring cat fishing thanks again everyone!!
[signature]
Check out our catfish contest on the Utah contest board. It’s a lot of fun and it’s free to register and play along. Pretty good prizes too. Hope you enjoy BFT. Later J
[signature]