Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah lake stink
Two of us went to Utah lake Monday....we bought lots of fish. That's right BOUGHT ...caught nauda none nine nothing..... Two bites all day no fish for the two of us. We tried wb, worms, cut bait tilapia (we bought) hot dogs blood bait meal worms. Nothing.....well there always next week.
[signature]
I was out at the state park for 3 hours Saturday morning and caught nothing too. Fished along the jetty and the river inside the park. I think the water temperature needs to come up before the fishing pick up.
[signature]
Bummer! I was hoping for a good report from you today. Tomorrow looks like the last fairly calm day this week. I’m headed out in the morning hoping that you have chased the skunk away. Next week should bring some warmer temps and hungry cats.
[signature]
It sounds like you guys could use some help.[Wink]

The DWR is putting on a Utah Lake Fishing seminar Thursday night.

Here's the info:

Thu, March 28, 7pm – 9pm
Where: Vineyard Town Offices, 125 S Main St, Lindon, UT 84042, USA (map)

Description: Attend this free seminar and learn how to catch a variety of species at one of the state’s largest natural treasures: Utah Lake. We’re teaming up with the Blue Ribbon Fisheries Council to bring you the best presenters:

• Tournament angler Maegan Birdsey — equipment needed for all Utah Lake species
• Utah Lake Commission’s Sam Braegger — upcoming angling opportunities
• Pat Scouten aka ‘Tube Dude’ — catching catfish
• UDWR biologist Chris Crockett — catching white bass

Spots are limited, so be sure to register online now: http://bit.ly/utah_lake
[signature]
Clint-- I found 'em. Fished all along the point, the L, and the springs and never had anything but a few bumps. I went east about a mile and fished in 2-4 fow and caught 8 or 9 cats. I was using fresh carp and frozen wb while dragging baits at .05. Caught a couple that were near 27 inches but nothing to help my contest score.

Water temp was consistent 50 degrees with overcast skies and a ripple on the water. The wally guys were launching all morning and heading for the island. Slow cattin' but fun. Had two on at one time; always fun when fishing alone.

Next week should give us some better weather and better fishing.

BLK
[signature]
I knew i should have been sick today[:|]
[signature]
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
Yup, your kinda day today. I’m not a walleye catcher like you but I know overcast skies and rippled water gets the Wally guys drooling. You would have done well today.
[signature]
That's the same spots we tried. We started in front of the Benson slough in 6ft.of water. I guess that they were just li locked. Glad you got into them.
[signature]
We too smelled of skunk today. Lost one "something" south of Provo river mouth.
[signature]
I'm glad you found them! I didn't hunt far enough to get more than 1.

Keep up the good work, the big ones are still out there.
[signature]
I should have looked a the pictures before I replied. That carp almost looks "Mink damaged!"
[signature]
Maybe I should have included a "warning, pics may be offensive to some viewers" in my post. I had a couple of 12-14 inch fresh caught carp and I like to butcher them up for bait. I like big chunks cuz they tend to discourage mudders and sometimes cutters. If the cat I'm looking for comes calling he has no trouble gulping a big carp head or a tennis ball size chunk of meat.

Good times comin' when we get past this little cold spell. I'm ready.

Good luck to you and keep those contest size cats coming.

Lynn
[signature]
Thanks for the well wishes and No warning needed here!

You said:
Quote: I had a couple of 12-14 inch fresh caught carp and I like to butcher them up for bait.

Does "fresh caught" mean you actually caught them that day? TubeDude described butchering a carp akin to butchering a hog...blood everywhere. That has been my experience too, but I don't see the blood all over your boat like it get's in mine.
[signature]
Caught ‘em night before in a local creek. They spent the night hidden in sweet wife’s refrigerator and were out of the house before they were discovered. Fresh is better than frozen... or so it seems to the cats. A sharp knife will reduce them to bite sized chunks.

The best is yet to come.
[signature]