Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New sonar?
I watched a TV show that was using this small blue tooth sonar connecting to cell phone. I've seen them before but really like this one. After watching Youtube videos. I was impressed with the accuracy and clear screen.
Called "deeper" check out deeper.com and watch the video.
What do you think?
Thinking about taking it on the ice, never having to pull it out of the ice hole to bring in fish.
I like it.
[signature]
One of our member wrote a review on the deeper just last month, here is a link to that review:
http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gfo...ead#unread
[signature]
If you want this type of setup check out the sonar phone unit. We bought the sp300 units for our kick boats. Since they have there own 12v battery built in and use wifi instead of bluetooth. Using wifi allows anyone in range of the wifi use the fishfinder on my boat or my wife's. You give them a password and they can sign on as a guest. We like them and there made by Vexilar

And they also use navionics sonar charts to give you live charts of lakes that don't have any at all. really cool to see a chart being made live as you paddle or kick around.

I'll try to get a video made this spring.

http://www.sonarphone.mobi/navionics
[signature]
My main interest was for ice fishing. Its so easy to use and can be carried in the pocket. It looks like your model will do the same. Plus everyone with you could be viewing the unit.
Ill check it out. Thanks
[signature]
I have the sp-100 and sp-200 models as well (Sonar phone) and I really like them a lot... Let me tell you the difference and why I have the two items... The Sp-100 is a self contained unit in a bobber of sorts, it sends the signal to your phone or tablet (the other one does as well, but it's not self contained). I use the 100 for backpacking into remote lakes because it's light and simple and works great. I also have used this ice fishing to keep an eye on other holes around me, in case I'm fishing the wrong area, it let's me see if the other holes are more active... In theory I'd use it each trip, however, I find that I usually don't want to spend the time to set up another item, I spend too much time with my LX-7 and camera and you need some time to fish... I have used it at Bear Lake before I had the LX-7 and it worked really well for showing the cisco and trout coming in to eat the cisco... It does set up fast and easy, but it's just another thing that is nice but not needed with my set up (The Marcum LX-7 is more accurate so I use it as my first run finder.)... but I do love it for summer hiking trips...

The SP-200 and I'm guessing on this number because I don't remember off the top of my head, but it has a transducer for mounting on a boat or a solid mount point and it has a sending unit that connects by wire to it and a 12V battery. This one does the contour mapping and works well with Navionics... I have this one set up on my boat and since my Humminbird transducer died, I've been using it a lot lately and it works very well for a boat unit... The GPS is more difficult on the phone (than just hitting a button on the HB), but it can still be used.. It's a good fish finder with mapping features, it's pretty accurate with identifying fish and doesn't have problems with interference like my HB does.. In my mind it's a very good unit for the price and offers a lot of capabilities... Now you don't get the side scan and all the whistles and bells and it doesn't have 1/2" item separation, but for a good 2D unit and for around $130 I think it's money well spent... My initial unit was damaged in shipping and the Vexilar techs bent over backwards to get me a replacement unit before my big trip that i wanted it for... I'm very happy with the unit... and the company... And no I'm not getting paid to push their stuff either, just my thoughts... Later Jeff
[signature]
Thanks Jeff lots of help. Have you ever cast it from the shore?
[signature]
I haven't casted it out due to worries that the shock may not be good on electronic parts and the plastic tail may break off if it hit too hard or wrong... But it is probably fine to use it that way, I just chose not to with mine.. If you do, you will need a fairly heavy rod and reel and line... It's heavier than a bobber and will need some robustness to the system you fling it out with... One thing I did do that was pretty fun, I let it trail back behind my float tube to where my trolling lure was at to watch the fish around my lure... It was hard to keep the sensor over my lure, but when I did it was pretty cool... I ended up liking to watch a little ways in front of my lure better, then I knew when I was about into fish that might bite...this was a lot better than having the finder on the boat and hoping you'd still troll across the fish when the lure gets there... This was really fun in the wind river lakes where there were lots of hungry fish, so if you crossed them, one would usually bite... It has a lot of cool things you can do with it and I think the sp-100 is only a little over a $100 anyway so it's a cheap finder... Hardest part with these items is getting the phone setting right so you link up, but after the first time it's not too bad... Later Jeff
[signature]