Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting the Boat dusted off
Got the boat out of the Garage.
After a tough year of fishing last year. This year is off to a nice start. Went out on Willard with Wiperhunter and got a nice stock up on catfish, Was a really nice day with a little sprinkle of rain. The kitties are well at the Bay. Great time catching up on things with Curt. Many thanks for the big Smile I got catching fish you got me on. Thanks So Much!
[signature]
Friday? Did the wind die down at some point? When I was there in the morning, it was blowing hard - way too hard for me to be the only guy on the water and in a kayak to boot. I may be nuts but I'm not crazy.

Anyway, I got my 'yak dusted off - by driving there and back again atop my car.
[signature]
Congrats, well done. I have yet to get out due to weather and family commitments.
[signature]
Enjoyed getting out there with you yesterday Dan and showing you the way of the Flig, no bigger cats but it was still a lot of fun. Too bad the other fish are not showing up yet but it won't be long. After hearing that some of the eyes that the DWR caught were already spawned out, I'm thinking in the next two week we will start catch them.
Rocky- when we got there around 9:30 am the wind wasn't bad but we launched from the South marina and since the wind was coming from the South that might have helped.
[signature]
It glassed out at one point. It was just a gentle wind at less than 10 mph roughly.
[signature]
Nice job! What color fligs worked best? What did you tip the fligs with? Were most of the fish close to the bottom or suspended? I’m still trying to figure out the fligs. Thanks.
[signature]
Tube dude illuminated it best in his post:http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Utah_Fishing_Forum_C55/Utah_Fishing_General_F58/gforum.cgi?post=1068764;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;page=unread#unread

We ran single fire tiger rigs. I caught one on an orange northland tackle flig with chub on it. It seemed important to run 12 to 18 inches behind the weight. Experiment some .
[signature]
Thanks. Did you catch your own chub meat or is there somewhere you can buy it?
[signature]
Try to get some from a vendor. The chub we used was caught.
[signature]
please explain the (FLIG).I don't get the consept for the cats but could use some help with the rig ,,thanks
[signature]
I think that Sportsmans and Cabrlas sells chub.
[signature]
TubeDude already gave you a great PDF file on exactly what a Flig is:
http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gfo...ead#unread
A flig is a floating jig head, you put bait on the hook and a weight 12 to 18" above the Flig, then cast it out about 30 yds or so, then drag it behind the boat going about .5 mph. Flig, is a name that TubeDude came up with, so it is unlikely people from a sporting good store would know what they are, unless they read BFT.
[signature]
Google "floating jig heads" and you'll get a lot of info. But buying some from TubeDude would probably be your best bet as all the others out there are inferior.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.