Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sometimes you eat the Bear...........
.............and sometimes the Bear eats you. Went back to BRBR today. Had fished it yesterday and had finally gotten 2 decent contest worthy Cats, but couldn't get them up the embankment where I was fishing (even my longer landing net wasn't long enough) . One came "unbuttoned" and one had a line break.
This morning, wife and I went back to same spot of my misfortunes yesterday, and in about an hour, she had landed a reasonable starting contest Cat. [Wink]

Me...............not so much..................

25 inch Cat, posted on TinCansMate contest thread.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
It's best to be graceful when they do the out fished you dance. Humorous comments are risky. I have much experience in watch my bride crow about out fishing me and the effects of not following humble pie protocol
[signature]
Too bad about your fish Forest. I know that spot. it hasn't the best bank to land a big fish. glad the Mrs. found one today.
[signature]
There's Always Time For One More Cast
We had started on the north side of that bridge, and after awhile she said she was going to try across the road on the south side. The rancher has his big gate closed to vehicle traffic, but the walk-thru gap between gate and post is still open. She sat on the big flat rock just off the road and had barely dropped her line in the water when that Cat hit it and started running down stream. I had just put out a second pole on the north side when I heard her yell, all I could make out was ... NET !!
I reeled in my lines fast as I could, and before I could grab the net and head across the road, she was walking back, carrying that fish by the line, hook still in it's lip.
When I went to take the hook out, I could see in was just around the upper lip cartilage and thru the barbel. I went to roll the hook out, and it snapped.

I didn't think of it at the time, but I guess I need to put something at the end of that board to show the fish is at the end.

Couple more of the photos, one from my camera with her holding the fish, one from her camera.
I have no idea how she took that photo from the opposite side of the board, facing me, and managed to make it look like she was taking it from behind me, over my shoulder........[:/]
[signature]

Cool
Cowboy, I have gotten quite used to the wife out fishing me. And even though I sometimes give her a bit of static because of it, I honestly don't mind.

I do accuse her of being jinx sometimes though............ [laugh] [pirate]
[signature]

Cool
I don't think it is so much jinks as it is spending time to make sure they are having a good time which takes away from ours.

Just thinken
RJ
[signature]
You got it Richard. Cuz I get skunked by myself just as well as when she is there
[Wink]
[signature]

Cool
Just thought I should explain the Subject heading from yesterday.......any prior military that may have been "housed" in "HARVEST BARE" deployed accordion buildings may understand that quote. Those buildings are air transportable, and when in place, a vehicle hooks up to each end and "pulls" the fabric building expands like an accordion. Once it is expanded and secured, it has heating and air conditioning that can be hooked up. Kind of the next step up from tents.

I spent some time living in one in Panama just after "Operation Just Cause"

So different spelling, from my subject title, but same meaning. [sly]

And since this is a fishing forum, I did do some fishing in Panama also.

[fishon]
[signature]

Cool