Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvy Monday at Lindon 4-8-19
Ohhhhhhh baby yes I need some of those... they should work just fine.... Maybe the mudcats will leave them alone... Looking forward to this fix... Later Jeff
[signature]
Be sure to bring plenty of those Kongs to the Flotilla, especially ones in the best colors for UL cats. I know I want some. Thanks.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

[#0000FF]Actually, the original gorillas seem to be about the best for Utah Lake. The big cats eat them but they will catch smaller ones too. And I have even caught a couple of larger white bass and a couple of bullheads on them. Some fish can't read the directions even though they travel in schools.
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]I have not really tried the Kongs seriously yet. But I am confident that when the big cats get more active and are munching bigger baits that they will help improve the odds for attracting bigger cats while discouraging the "nuisance" fish.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Those heavy 8/0 hooks are tempered steel, with good sharp points right out of the box. But they are spendy. The hooks alone are almost 50 cents each.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
I know. Big high-quality circle hooks average about 75 cents each. Luckily we don't lose many to the rocks, etc.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

What I hate is when they swallow the hook deep and I have to cut it off and leave it in their bellies... If I use cheap hooks that never happens, but every time I get good hooks on the line, sooner or later I end up snipping the line to save the fish... Oh well I hope it isn't the first fish on the new hook anyway... Later J
[signature]
Thanks again TD. For the report and the examples. I have to build a tree for my pontoon. I got all paints and sealers you recommend to start making my own fliggs, however I only got 2/O hooks. I'm used to using #2 bait hooks and 5/O just seemed huge. I will get some. I plan to use some noodles I have to make the float part. Please bring some of yours gorillas for me also.
[signature]
Excellent!!!
[signature]
[#0000FF]I make a lot of my "mid-sized" fligs on 2/0 hooks. They are small enough for fishing crawlers but big enough for minnows or cut bait. That is a good all around size for most species.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]The foam noodles will work for making plugs, but they are not as dense as the EVA foam kneeling pads I use. Still, a good place to start.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Look forward to seeing some of your efforts and will be happy to share any info you need to progress.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]And yes, I will be bringing my stash boxes.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
[quote high_n_dry]Excellent!!![/quote]

[#0000FF]Thanks. You shoulda been there.[/#0000FF]
[signature]