Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The One That Got Away
Hello,

Today, I want to share an experience I had yesterday, about the fish that got away.

I was at Walters Ferry, here in South Idaho on the Snake River. It was very windy, and I was fishing off the bottom going for catfish and carp. Then, I realized I couldn't tell what was a bite and what's not, because it was so windy. So, I made an ingenious method of telling a bite, I set my drag to let line out at the slightest pull. Sure enough, it worked, something bit the line and ran off with it. I grabbed the pole and the line, hooked it, and then there was a very big fish fight. I set my drag and began to reel in. After about one and a half minutes, I saw the fish. It was a gorgeous fish. Gold scales, about 20 lb, maybe 24 in. It was a gorgeous carp. I was already thinking of what I was going to do for a picture when I brought it in. I got it to shore, my hand was one foot away from grabbing the fish, then the line broke, the hook fell off, and the fish swam away.

He was magnificent. I can't believe I lost him. It happens, though!

Well, at least I have another chance of getting him or another carp.

Anyway, that's my story about The One That Got Away. I hope you enjoyed it.

Jared
[signature]
Loved the story thanks for posting it. When I was a kid me and a friend were drowning a worm when my friend caught a 10lb carp out of the Bear river. While posing for a picture the carp flipped, slapping my friend across the face resulting in loss of balance, my friend then proceeded to fall from the dock into the water. That carp got the last laugh 😂
[signature]