Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wellsville reservoir
Hi everyone,
I am new to big fish tackle but love to fish and share my fishing knowledge and experiences.
Took the kids to Wellsville reservoir today and had a lot of fun. We started with using a worm tipped with a mallow to keep it up out of the moss. We fished for two hours and caught 12 fish returning 8 that were hooked in the lip. For spring fishing with kiddos though all in all a great spot to take your family.
[signature]
Good to have you check in and do a good report....hope you'll stay tuned in and share when you can.....lots of good fishers here and many are willing to share....Guluk..
[signature]
I haven't fished that lake/pond in years but the last time I did, I read a sign there about it being closed during the Winter and it did not open until the Spring, is that still the policy there? Thanks for the report.
[signature]
Hey great report and thanks for being active so fast after signing up... We appreciate that very much... Have you ever caught any of the wiper out of Wellsville? I seen they planted some there last year and I've never heard of folks catching any yet, but I realize most that fish there aren't posting on BFT.. It would be a blast to be able to catch wiper here in the valley, but I really only tried for them there one day. Guess when I've already drove that far (16 miles), it's not much further to cross the hill and hit Willard.. If you haven't caught a wiper before, there is a treat waiting for you... best fighting and eating fish combo in my book... especially if you can find one 20" or better.. Thanks for the report and good luck.. J
[signature]
Hey Curt I don't think the ice close is still in place, I seen a ton of folks ice fishing it two winters ago... I mean it was like 20 people on a small little reservoir... So I wouldn't think that many folks would be breaking the law... However, it was in December and maybe if it has regs like Henry's it might close on Jan. 1 till May... but I don't think Utah likes the opening day thing anymore and so I bet it will be open all season... I'll pull out my regs and reply back... Later J
[signature]
Only restriction I found was that as a community pond it is open when the city park that it is contained in is open for use... So if they have curfew type hours to parks, you can't fish after the parks close... Didn't say anything about a season, so I assume that means it would have the statewide season of year round fishing. Sorry that's all I can find... Later J
[signature]
I did not see any special regs or signs there for closed or open through any specific date. I have not caught wiper from there but have caught wiper from Willard (pure luck). I did however see one swim under the bridge at Wellsville, quit big to. Tried to pitch a worm at it but it was far from interested. I thought wiper feed on small fish, I’m surprised there is a food source in that little reservoir to feed such a predator but hey that would be way fun to catch close to home.
[signature]
I have very limited knowledge on the subject, but I know they are not necessarily just a fish eater. I caught some on accident this year on a small tungten jig and mealworm. You never know how hungry they may be.
[signature]