Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lincoln Beach report 4/12/19
I went to Lincoln Beach and fished from the bank from 4:30-7:30 last night. The weather wasn't great with a fair breeze blowing down the channel. I used carp meat and shrimp/shrimp with worm. It started in raining and it turned to snow pellets, so I started getting ready to leave. Suddenly it stopped and a little sun came out so I decided to stick it out. The water went absolutely flat. In a while the bobber for the worm and shrimp started pulling sideways. I let it run a ways then tried to set the hook--nothing. I got a nibble and a tap after that but that was it. When I was leaving a couple of young men pulled up beside me and asked how I had done and if I knew anything about the walleye fishing. I told them what little I knew. Then they said they had caught a couple of cats at Sandy Beach. They said that they had gone wading and showed me the water line on the top of their thighs. I took a look at their fish and admired them. They were 23"ers. They said they caught them on plain old worms. I guess both the boys and the fish didn't know they weren't supposed to be biting. Gonna try again today, Saturday.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

[quote catchinon]

I used carp meat and shrimp/shrimp with worm.

[/quote]

Does that mean you used two shrimp and one worm?
[signature]
Ah, semantics. What I meant to convey was that on one hook I put a strip of thawed carp fillet; on another I put a half a peeled shrimp. When the shrimp alone didn't provoke any bites I added a nightcrawler to the presentation.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

I thought you were using shrimp scampi. Scampi is shrimp in Italian.

Mike
[signature]