Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jensen Pond Report
The cowboy-pirate crew had planned an ice off run to the Gorge or maybe Yuba but recent storms and some job conflicts made that impossible and since the cold snap had most of the local waters off the feed bag, we opted to check out a few local community ponds that we knew had been recently planted (thoughts of filling the smoker in mind) and that had good wheelchair access even though we had a very wet week. We got rained off Bountiful pond first thing and registered a skunk, but checked a couple others out and finally had some luck at the Jensen Nature park with the rainbows. Action around the lake was slow, but a bit of powerbait got hits (nothing on worms or spinners) and Buckwheat got on the 2019 Utah Granslam board with his Rainbow (the grandslam thing is a cowboy-pirate goal, so dont go looking for it on the DWR website, but you are welcome to join us chasing em down)

It happens that in route to our first spot this morning a mutiny occurred and the first mate (cookie) took over navigation that routed us to the blackbear dinner. 1st rule of the pirate hoard is keep em happy or risk the plank.

I think as the weather clears and the DWR keeps the rainbows flowing into the community ponds that it will be some great spring fishing for the families with kids. Not really my thing though...but better than cleaning out the chicken coop.

Finished the day early and came back to the house to play with our new metal detector (pirates got to hunt for treasure or we get kicked out of the club). We live close to an old, long gone, pioneer pea processing site. While playing we hit a beauty - 1894 half dollar. See the photo. How about that for a way to wrap up the day

fishing video in the link

https://youtu.be/G8SmJGg3kE4

cheers
[signature]
I bet the person that lost that coin (likely, many moons ago) was frustrated when he/she lost it. Congrats on catching a few fish and finding the coin.
[signature]
That coin find is just plain cool! Congratulations!

And thanks for the report.
[signature]
Have you found out what that coin is worth yet? Inquiring minds want to know.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

As to the coins worth.....drum roll...about 25-35$

Ya all plans for an early retirement are on hold, but watching my wife shake as she scrubbed it and read the date were worth more than the coin.

My biggest concern now is her list of treasure hunting spots is getting bigger than my spring fishing list, I mean come on, let's think balance here. I know, I know, cry me a river for such terrible problems to sort out........
[signature]