Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will this be the First Big Weekend for Utah Lake
So, looking at KSL it looks like that magical pattern Tubedude teaches, will occur this weekend. A breakout from the storms Wednesday with a warming trend that peaks around Friday/Saturday - Utah lake Friday feels like the call. So to all you students of that fishery, will that be enough to start the pull of bass/cats to the dike/rocks or will take a more prolonged warming trend to get them to the drive in?
[signature]
I'm planning on good fishing but I think we need a couple of weeks to get the temperatures up where they need to be for the big action. Should be about perfect for the Flotilla on the 4th. Would love to see you and your gang there.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

If you want to see when the fishing really starts to heat up keep an eye on the nest cam at Provo Harbor. Droves of happy harvesters will be ganging the ramps and docks, filling their buckets with white bass and anything else they can catch such as walleye and catfish. Should be good about anywhere at that time.

https://video.nest.com/live/wFZqex
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

The water temp is the real trigger. When the water hits the mid-60s the cats and the wb enter their spawn and they become very active feeders or protectors of nests. The carp will also be going bananas then.

This weekend should be good but the best is yet to come.

I'll be there.

BLK
[signature]
As to the Flotilla, cookie wants to go bad, but it is also our tentative date for our Lake Powell trip. Still waiting on 2 kids to see if they can get off work. If they can then its Lake Powell. If not, me, Cookie and Buckwheat will come join in the mayhem of the flotilla.
[signature]
Just let us know if you can make it. If not, the lake will still be there and the fishing will only get better.
[signature]

My guess is that it won't be starting yet.

One thing I always wonder, about now: Did I miss the walleye run again or was it canceled? A couple years ago we all caught so many walleye. What happened with that?
[signature]