Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my first jodanelle kokes
i finally got the chance to try for kokanee on jordanelle today ,water temp was very cold 40 deg f at 10:00 and 43 at 4:30 when i left .with water all the way down to 100 feet within 2 degree's of the surface temp.
i boated 4 small kokes and lost 2. i caught them from 9' to 45' so basically all over the water column.
my best combo was a pink rmt plankton spinner . i was surprised to see a dozen boat on the lake .
man that ramp is long at jordanelle
i also saw the founding member of the I want to die young club, on a paddle board by the dam.[Tongue]
[signature]
Caught our first jordanelle koke today as well! Likely headed back out tomorrow.
[signature]
Good report....yeah,that's one stupid guy on that board...could of easily been on the nightly news as another 'victim'......now, if he had a rod holder on the back and was trolling.....Nice job on the kokes! good way to get the season started off....did it look like the other boats you saw were trolling, or still fishing?
[signature]
[quote mtncat1]i finally got the chance to try for kokanee on jordanelle today ,water temp was very cold 40 deg f at 10:00 and 43 at 4:30 when i left .with water all the way down to 100 feet within 2 degree's of the surface temp.
i boated 4 small kokes and lost 2. i caught them from 9' to 45' so basically all over the water column.
my best combo was a pink rmt plankton spinner . i was surprised to see a dozen boat on the lake .
man that ramp is long at jordanelle
i also saw the founding member of the I want to die young club, on a paddle board by the dam.[:p][/quote]

Was that guy really not wearing a life jacket? And where were you guys catching them?
[signature]
Awesome! Nice getting some early season koks!
[signature]
Wow, you are right about the ramp. Did you have to wait for any 747's to take off before you launched your boat? Nice job on the jokes too. With the cold water did you have to troll any slower than usual?
[signature]
i was by the mouth of the narrows over by the dam ,a few others were closer to the dam .
[signature]
that dam ramp is at least a mile long or so it seems to my bum hip [Wink]
[signature]
i couldn't believe how far out that guy was ,and last week most of the lake had ice on it .wow
[signature]