Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Lake Fishing Report
The cowboy-pirate crew went to Utah Lake Friday to check out the cat/bass action. Cookie did some shore clean up at Lincoln in case we cant make the flotilla. Both Cookie and Buckwheat had action with cats and bass. Yukon however, did not. Buckwheat brought in a really nice cat on an ultralight with 4lbs test.

Water was mid 50 with a peak in the afternoon at 59, so close to 60. We hit a few different spots. Lincoln, Provo Harbor and Saratoga. Had action at all three spots. Tried all the normal techniques. No action on cut bait - odd. Nothing off a floating rig either. All our action was on Carolina rigs on the bottom and with worms. We did get hits on shrimp, but no hookups. Nothing on lures either.

Talked to a lot of people, seemed action was slow for everyone but it seemed everbody had a few hits and a few takers.

Here the the video of the cowboy-pirate adventure

https://youtu.be/_terbHnfA7U

As for the Utah Fishing Grandslam total so far in 2019

Cookie has white bass, channel cat, rainbow, brown
Buckwheat has rainbow, channel cat
Yukon has rainbow, brown, tilipia, (ya cookie is winning)

Lot of work to do to get the slam complete
[signature]
Where did the tilipia come from ?? Only place I know of that has em in Utah is Blue lake out by Wendover. Has someone put them elsewhere ??
Never fear, they went out to Blue Lake. There was a report a few weeks ago. You might want to look it up; it was a good one.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

What does your Grandslam consist of? Do you have specific species or are you just trying for the most different kinds you can catch, or...?
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Catchinon has it correct - they were from Blue Lake. Great trip for some different species. I did not transplant them anywhere else. I expect the DWR would take away my pirate flag and fishing licence for such a deed.
[signature]
I will start a new thread on our Utah Fishing Grand Slam quest, as I have had a few questions about it
[signature]