Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Canyon Ice Off
Spent the past three days up there and all the ice is off. The water is murky and raising by the day. Good luck to all I could not catch a single fish but the days were nice for a change.
[signature]
[size 4][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]Was the wedge dock in yet?[/#][/font][/size]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Yes loading dock is in but nothing else. Water was raising they have had to move it 3 times now to keep us from walking in the water to get to the dock. They said another week before they put in the other docks, due to the water level.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]Thank you Sir. I hope they do the same at Echo soon.[/size][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
I was born and raised a couple stone throws from EC, fished it often over the years. It has never treated me well on ice off like other places will. Not sure why. But I keep trying cause others seem to get ice off bites. I remember years ago running a trap line up the Inlet for beaver and seeing Kokanee spawning. Ya there use to be a thriving Kokanee poulation in EC, I got photos somewhere. Not seen any sign of them for years, but adding smallmouth has made it fun to mix up the catch.
[signature]