Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saratoga springs cats
Went down to the Saratoga springs park marina, the public marina past the golf course. Fishing was slow, managed one decent cat in a hr and a half of fishing.. 1oz river sinker rigged drop shot style with a red team catfish double trouble circle hook and chub meat probably 28" 7-8lb I'd guess.
[signature]
Nice job and thanks for your report.... Looks like a fun one... Later Jeff
[signature]
Hey! That's the one that got away from us on Friday. Thanks for holding it for us. We' ll be over to get it.

Seriously though, nice catch.
[signature]
Good work! I'll bet it was fun, they are a whole different fish to fight when the water gets above 60 degrees!
[signature]
i like to setline when the water warms up, 40-50 fish days are pretty common! then i start experimenting with random and different baits, from string cheese to soap to mice, all sorts of stuff its weird what a cat will eat!
[signature]
Nice fish. Join the contest and you can put the next ones on the scoreboard for the south team and build your own bragging rights.

How do you like those Team Catfish hooks? What size do you use?
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

all i use anymore is the team catfish hooks, i have every size to i think 10/0 that i use for sturgeon, the 6/0 are good at utah lake as the keep the bullheads off, its shocking a walleye and whitebass occasionally will get hooked still though! i entered today so hopefully i can get a few 30inchers added to the list soon
[signature]
I hear you about the hooks but I've caught a lot of bullheads on 6/0. Oh well, if I keep the bait big enough it's not a worry. It's great that you joined the contest and be sure to post any fish you catch--you can bump them later and we could use anything right now to fill up our slots.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.