Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ROCKPORT
FISHED ROCKPORT TODAY WITH 2 OF MY FRIENDS, NOT A BAD DAY. FISHED STRAIGHT OUT FROM THE BOAT RAMP IN 50' OF WATER. CAUGHT ALOT OF PERCH, NOTHING BIG. 1 TROUT. MEAL WORMS WERE THE TICKET TODAY. ICE WAS ABOUT 20 INCHES THICK.

HOOK UM IN THE JAW
[signature]
Fished Rockport on Saturday. Went to the east side and parked by the boat ramp. I was the second person there besides the park ranger who was telling me where I couldn't park. Got there early to avoid the perch party crowd. Walked from the boat ramp up to the face of the dam. Very few fish by the dam, so I moved about 200 yards down from the dam and 50 yards off the east shore. Had lots of fun catching trout. At some time there were 7-10 trout suspended at various depths. It was hard to get my jig down through the trout to give the perch a chance. The trout were rather small, but lots of them. Caught fish all day. Had two older gentlemen drive up on a skidoo and shoot the breeze. We all caught a limit of good sized perch. They caught and kept a few trout. I caught and released 27 trout. I showed them how to fish with my vexilar. They thought it was great fun. Great day on the ice. Left after the crowd from the perch party cleared out. Did any one attend the perch party? How about the party at fish lake? how was the fishing there?
[signature]
I was there for the perch party. I must have been unloading the same time as you did. I had the red 3 wheeler pulling a sled. I helped get the supplies from the ramp to the ice for Sportsmans'. Then I drove out toward the dam about half way from the ramp. I fished in 57' of water and caught 20 perch in about an hour. I delivered them to the booth that was doing a fillet demo. I then moved in closer to the east shore to locate trout. I only had a few come by me before I went back to the party. The turn out was disappointing judging by the crowds of the past perch parties. There were a lot of kids there though and they had a good time learning how to ice fish. The drawing for an ice tent was won by a young man and the fish finder was also won by a young man. They were very excited to get the new gear. It was a great day for families to be together and enjoy the day on the Ice. Most of the kids that I saw did catch some fish. The DWR was there helping with gear and tips for the beginners. I tried to get someone to answer my call on channel 12 with no success. I think that there may be a better turn out next year if it was held earlier in the season. DKS
[signature]