Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A BIG Thanks to The Flotilla Organizers
My son and I met up with Gardvark and his son at 6:30. Headed out to Bird Island started fishing in 6' of water for about an hour no hits. Moved in to 2' of water and immediately the action started, one on shrimp, one on carp, one on worms,
one on sucker. Everyone except me caught fish. Gardvark felt pity on me and threw me some carp steak. Then it shut down for a couple hours. Moved in to the mouth of Benjamin Slough and spent the last two hours there. I think we caught 3. Thanks to the carp steaks I was given I even got one. Ended up with 11 to the boat and a couple came unbuttoned. Thanks to all who set this up. I had never had Hush Puppies, what a treat. Visiting during lunch was real nice, I was so surprised that no one talked about fishing. Thanks to Tube Dude for the filet lesson was put to use that evening.
[signature]
I'm glad you joined us and helped out the boatless fishermen. What a lot of great people and it was gratifying to see everyone have a good time.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Nice to have you there and I hope you enjoyed those hush puppies as much as I did... I was like in heaven with Ben's creations.. Glad you and Sean and Josh did so well... I think you guys were some of the big catchers of the day... Congrats and hope it was worth the trip... Later Jeff
[signature]
Thank you for allowing us to join you! As Josh and I discussed the trip and how much we enjoyed it, Josh (15 yo) commented several times that your company was as enjoyable as the fishing. I can't thank you enough.

As far as the fishing, I think you covered it pretty well, except I would say I had to convince you to try the cut bait option [Tongue].

Overall a very successful trip in spite of the very early morning coming down from Cache Valley, and a seemingly endless drive home. We stayed another hour so Josh could try for white bass, but neither of us got any by the time we left.

We stopped at Mantua on the way home, and nobody was catching fish. We left after about 30 minutes having decided not to get discouraged on such a great day.
[signature]