Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hot Fishing continues at Mantua - report out
So, on a last minute decision we ran to Mantua this morning to see if the Bluegill and Perch would still be on even with the storm fronts that have blasted us this week. On the Southwest corner just as the brush starts there was a monster midge hatch going on when we arrived. Bluegill and perch were red hot for over an hour. We could have caught a lot more but we were playing around a bit with different systems. Finally started a 1 hr fish off challenge. George caught 17 to win the prize in that hr (that was really like about 30 minutes of actual fishing)

Simple rigs, just bobber. 1/16oz jig heads (red, yellow and white) with a worm tip about a foot to 18" from the bobber.

After the hatch stopped we wandered over to the rock dike. Gills were everywhere but the fishermen were not having any luck. We watched for a while and a pack of Greebs, were slamming any gills that wandered from the safety of the rocks. I think that had the bite shut down a bit in that area. Them Greebs were feisty and dived bombed a few jerk baits we three out for fun.

Video of the fishing challenge in link below - it was a hoot while it lasted. I did not catch a thing, spent all my time trying to film my pirate crew playing fishy..

https://youtu.be/oec4OA541ec
[signature]
For a week we had banner days on perch to 11" and bull gills. Then the bottom dropped out. Yesterday for 2 hours not a bite and saw no one catch a fish.
[signature]