Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Lake Monitoring App
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3] [/size][/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]When we got to Rockport Monday, there was a crew there installing some electronic gear. It is for monitoring lake conditions to include cameras watching the lake and launch ramp and water temps. There is an app for that! 😊[/size][/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]The app is available from either the apple store or the android store. The app is called ‘Lake Monster’. However, comma, the android version is NOT working on some android phones and my phone is one of those. They are aware of the problem and are working it and will send me an email when it is fixed. You might want to download it regardless of which phone system you have and check it out.[/size][/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]Sounds useful, but I have no idea which Utah lakes are included. Those with iphones may want to check it out and give us a review of it. I will also post back when it works on my phone.[/size][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
https://www.lakemonster.com/

I did download it using my home PC it downloaded good
this is what came up on my phone
Alert
This app requires internet. Please retry
when you have adequate internet service

looks like I need to find a kid to get it to work
I have good Wi-Fi at my house and on the phone
[signature]
I downloaded and it requires your cell ph # to get an activation code. They will be launching an update early next week . On a preliminary review, it looks interesting.
[signature]
[quote liketrolling][url "https://www.lakemonster.com/"]https://www.lakemonster.com/[/url]

I did download it using my home PC it downloaded good
this is what came up on my phone
Alert
This app requires internet. Please retry
when you have adequate internet service

looks like I need to find a kid to get it to work
I have good Wi-Fi at my house and on the phone[/quote][#800000][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I got that same message. It's a bug in the app and they are aware of it. They are working to fix the bug and said they would email me when they got it fixed. A kid won't have any better luck than you. [Wink]
[/size][/font][/#800000]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I downloaded in on an iPhone and it does look interesting. It seemed really buggy on my phone at this time -- I couldn't get it to create an account although I went through the steps.

Attached are a few screen shots. I couldn't see where video, etc. were available yet. And the website seems a little light on details, so I'll be interested to know their business model.

Looks promising, though. I'm excited to see it improve.
[signature]
[size 4][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]Still no word on the android version yet. [/#][/font][/size]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah