Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AFTER the Flotilla......
Wife and I had stayed at the Days Inn at exit 260, Springville, after the LB Flotilla festivities. Was a kinda of short vacation for us. So after a late easy breakfast at the IHOP, we headed to American Fork boat harbor. The morning was starting out beautiful, even a bit more clear and warmer than Saturday.
Got on the water out of AF, turned west and went straight for the river inlet. Of course, a beautiful day, the Whities coming on to spawn. The "waders" were out in force, and a few other boats as well.
But everyone was playing nice, and everyone was catching Whities on almost every cast. Except us............[:/]

Well after getting a better idea of what was being used, we put our bait poles away and started working a medium-light rod with a small 1/8 oz. jig head, with various plastics. Some just old grubs I have had in the box for years, some from a mixed collection of Gulp left overs in a container of Gulp recharge scent. Seems we did the best on curly tailed yellow and green, or small white skirted tube jigs, even caught one on a Cabelas Purple and silver Hoochie Koochie [cool].

Somewhere along 2 - 2:30 PM noticed a huge black cloud coming over the mountains in the south-west, then some lightening, and some thunder. She got a couple photos of the cloud moving in, had no idea that the 2 young women on paddle boards were in them. [cool]

"Hey babe, time to get off the water and out of this electrically conductive metal boat" So i pull my line in, start getting ready to start the motor, and she makes one more cast. And of course, she couldn't just leave it at the fact that we were tied 10 fish each, she had to bring in the last one to make it 11 to 10 her favor.
[Sad]

But I guess for the total weekend we tied up me 1 Catfish, 10 Whities, her 11 Whities..............[Wink]

Got the boat out, all covered and road ready, and about 30 miles north up the road, then got hit with just a few minutes of rain. Time we got back to the Ogden area, was sunny and 76 deg.

Was a great weekend.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Great Spot ahhh Tin-Can

I was in the blue Smokercraft on the north side of the inlet, I figured that was you guys.

We started on the Flat between Lindon and the dump ditch all alone and had about 100 catch then moved over by you guys and maybe 200-300 later I saw that storm so we hammered a few Channels in the harbor.
Sure love it when them Whites stack up.

Good Luck on the next one
[signature]
Glad you had a good time with our little fishies down here. I don't usually catch a lot because I'm always focused on catfish, but I'd love to find a big stack of them, at least enough to restock my bait supply.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

American Fork River inlet, for about 30 yards in each direction along the weed line and out to about 50 yards.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Thanks. That's about midway between my brother and me--maybe we can meet up and have a go at them. Right now we are in the middle of a thunderstorm and the rain is dumping. My poor dog gets really freaked out and hides in the closet. My wife doesn't like it much either. Might be a couple of days before we can even try for any fish. I'm grateful for the water, but I hope we don't get too much.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.