Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing Contests
I see there hasn't been any contests for a while. Is there any interest here? Let's get some going. It isn't to late.
What happened to the Ice fishing contest.
[signature]
I'd be interested in that.
[signature]
Hey Randy if you decide to do such things and need some short cuts on rules and etc, we would be glad to let ya use the stuff we have on the Utah board and go ahead and tailor them to meet the Idaho board needs... We had a really fun contest a couple summers ago that was like our winter ice challenge with five divisions and all, but it was too hard for us to run two contests at the same time and the catfish contest was by far the favorite one on our site, so we have focused in on it... Pretty sure you could line up prizes with Sportsmans Warehouse and all if you have a big enough group that is interested... I'd recommend that you need at least 30 to sign up to be worth the effort to make it happen.. You typically only get 50% of sign ups that enter any fish... Let me know if you need anything and I'll try to get ya what I can... Later Jeff
[signature]
OK IDAHO,
Is there enough interest to do this???
And what categories do we want? Longest pearch, catfish,walleye and crapy, could we get by with one trout and one bass category?
I knew I could get help from Jeff and Wipperhunter2 so let's make this the unofficial sign up to see if we have enough interest. If we do I will get the rules posted, but basically you would need a picture of the fish next to a tape measure and the BFT logo in the picture.
So Jeff, how do we get the BFT logo to put in the picture?
I will donate a New Pflueger President spinning real as one of the prizes just to get the interest started.
[signature]
I'm in. Just have to make a Idaho summer 2019 logo to put on here for everyone to be able to print.
[signature]
I am interested. However, I would like to know the rules before I make the final decision whether I want to do it or not. I've never been in a fishing contest.

Can it be any fish species? Or does it have to be one kind of fish?

I'll make the final decision when I know the rules.

Jared
[signature]
Looks like it will be trout, perch, catfish, bass, walleye, crappie categories. Longest fish will win.
[signature]
Jared, ideally I would have got this started sooner. I've never done it before either. I would like it to start Memorial Weekend or June 1st. I'm looking for interest on what categories to have and mainly if there is enough interest. I'm counting you in. I know you will be wanting to be included.
[signature]
I'm up for these catagries. And maybe an all-around type category that scored the biggest fish entered in the most or all categories.
[signature]
Count Me In. Just let me know when it starts, Memorial Day or June 1st, and I'll start fishing!
[signature]
And we need a kids category, don't we?
[signature]
Yes we do, plenty of youngsters out there fishing.
[signature]
That reel is exactly what we gave to the winner of the catfish contest last year. It's a nice one. Hope you guys can make it work.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

It is a great reel. I think it is the best spinning reel on the market. I have them in different sizes.
[signature]
I need to add: best for that price range. I never felt the need to spend more.
[signature]
Hey Randy I can get you an electronic file for the placard on Monday. We had a Trout, Bass, panfish, Predator and everything else category, but Idaho has fun stuff like salmon and so you may want to rework the categories. Then we did a composite score from your placing in each category for the overall winner. I’ll send the rules it’s a lot of fun. Later Jeff
[signature]
Only three of us interested in this???
Is it because of my fast_randy name? I got it because I liked to troll 5 mph at Willard Bay. Not because I'm try to pull a fast one on anybody. This would be a free tournament with donated prizes. I can't see having all the categories i first mentioned without a lot more interest.
[signature]
I’d do this. I’d also help share with a few others to spread the word.
[signature]
I'm in!
[signature]
I'm in. Thanks for spear heading this venture!
[signature]