Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Flaming George Reports
Hi all! Just looking for updates on Flaming George Lakers and Kokes!!

Thanks
[signature]
I was up there last week. The kokanee bite was good down by Jarvies. We caught a couple Lakers jigging in the canyon but were marking a lot of fish that we were unable to entice a bite out of. The Rainbow bite was ok near the inlets but not stellar. It should be picking up.
[signature]
Went by to day there was a bunch of people fishing for bow at the manilla boat ramp and all along the shore line most were using flys
[signature]
It's been unseasonably good for kokanee. Trolling has been productive at a variety of depths, just depends where you're graphing them. I've caught them shallow but also as deep as 60ft near Jarvies this year. Lake trout fishing, specifically for smaller size classes, was also good in a recent tournament coming from the Pipeline, Anvil Draw and Buckboard area. Look for concentrations in 50-100ft of water and try both jigging tubes and trolling spoons.

Hope it helps, Ryno
[signature]
[quote Ryno]It's been unseasonably good for kokanee. Trolling has been productive at a variety of depths, just depends where you're graphing them. I've caught them shallow but also as deep as 60ft near Jarvies this year. Lake trout fishing, specifically for smaller size classes, was also good in a recent tournament coming from the Pipeline, Anvil Draw and Buckboard area. Look for concentrations in 50-100ft of water and try both jigging tubes and trolling spoons.

Hope it helps, Ryno[/quote]

Im hoping to start getting better at catching laker pups this year, now that I feel I do pretty good on kokannes most the time.

Would you mind sharing where you had the best luck around pipline and anvil? hoping to get up there in the next couple weeks and start fishing for the season.
[signature]
Plumbdog has been limiting every weekend on Kokes.
Fishing alot around the Pipeline area and Redrocks.
RMT dodgers, I'm preferable to Kokonee Creek and pink squids.
Big Laker reports will be coming in when he learns to use his new bottom tracking down riggers. I have been using them on the Columbia River. Lucerne area is perfect for them you won't have to lose $200 in tackle every weekend.
[signature]
Sexy Cowboy with one of the catch.
[signature]
I didn’t fish those areas, I was just sharing some of the reports I received from the last tournament. Some anglers were finding pups in 50-70ft, others were getting them deeper while trolling, like in the Pipeline. I would just start with kokes and watch for deeper targets, that way you can cover water, and have some lake trout options when you’re done with the kokes. Good luck!
[signature]
LOL. That's a classic[shocked]. I've seen people try many things to try to up their fishing success, but that's a new one to me. Do I have to dress like that to catch them?
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

I was there last weekend. Rainbow fishing was great in sheep creek.
[signature]