Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minersville on the rise.
Minersville is looking good.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GaDdih41zEA
[signature]
How is the water clarity? Is it still muddy? Video didn't work.
[signature]
Level looks good!
[signature]
Sorry try it now. I been fishing pensioners point from the shore and the water clarity there has been pretty good,,, 4 or 5 feet of visibility at least.

Down by the dam it is pretty muddy.
[signature]
Pensioner's point? What point is that?
[signature]
That is that rocky point kind of southwest of the Bait and Beer store / boat rental.

Pensioners Point named for all the old guys who used to bait fish that steep drop off there on week days to avoid what used to be huge weekend crowds.
[signature]
Gotcha. I will often launch my little raft or pontoon from the access point just south of it. That has been a popular spot this spring.
[signature]
Great to see it filling up. Places I fished last fall are under 10 feet of water now. I'd guess with the snow still on the tushar's and with the storms it will soon reach max capacity.
I'm curious what you caught the wiper on castnshoot. I've been over a few times the last couple of weeks but can only get trout to cooperate on my fly rod, but some are real beauties.
[signature]
I caught it on a 3 inch brownish green sinko fished on an eighth ounce jig head.

He slammed it about five feet from the shore at last light.

Their are not as many Wipers in there as their used to be. if you are a fly fisherman you are subject to catch one close to a rocky shore very late in the evening,,,even on the smallest of flies.

Ye it is raining like crazy again today and snowing up high. They have started dumping water out of lake to make room for the the flood that is soon to come.
[signature]
Great info, thanks! I was able to get into them a few times last year. Put a whoppin on my 6 weight. Had to upsize to an 8. Not much better than a wiper on a fly rod.
[signature]