Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conditions at the gorge???
Hi all, I know it’s been a while since I’ve posted. I need a little info from those in the know. I am planning a quick trip to flaming gorge in Ju e either 9-11 or 23-25. What are the conditions like right now? Just wondering if they are still snowed in or not. We will be taking the camp trailer up to do some camping.

Thanks!

Kevin
[signature]
I herd there was going to be 50 mph winds
Just kidding. you should be OK unless the winds do come up.
the camp trailer should be OK. it is the tents I worry about when the wind comes up.
you did not say where your staying FG is 91 miles long
[signature]
Thanks for the response. I haven’t decided exactly where to stay yet.
[signature]
I’m not questioning you but 91 miles? Sure you’re not thinking of Powell?
[signature]
Planing gorge is in fact 91 miles long.

Powell is 180 miles long
[signature]
[quote brookieguy1]I’m not questioning you but 91 miles? Sure you’re not thinking of Powell?[/quote]

----------------------------------------------------------
Flaming Gorge Reservoir
Reservoir in the United States of America
Description Flaming Gorge Reservoir is the largest reservoir in Wyoming, on the Green River, impounded behind the Flaming Gorge Dam. Construction on the dam began in 1958 and was completed in 1964. The reservoir stores 3,788,900 acre feet of water when measured at an elevation of 6,040 feet above sea-level. Wikipedia
Surface elevation: 6,040′

Length: 90.72 mi [fishon]

Area: 65.66 mi²
Location: Sweetwater County, Wyoming / Daggett County, Utah, US
[signature]
[#800000][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Kevin,[/size][/font][/#800000]
[#800000][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]
[/size][/font][/#800000]
[#800000][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I'm a little puzzled by your post. You said you aren't going until mid to late June but want to know conditions now. The conditions now would have no relationship to what they will be in June. In June it will very warm to hot and the water level will be much higher that it is right now due to the snow pack this year. Just trying to understand what it is that you really want to know.
[/size][/font][/#800000]
[#800000][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]
[/size][/font][/#800000]
[#800000][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]You can more information on current conditions (as of May 3) at this link: [url "https://www.usbr.gov/uc/water/crsp/cs/fgd.html"]Flaming Gorge Conditions[/url]
[/size][/font][/#800000]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Snowed in? Ya, we have a long, windy, cold, windy, long winter around here, but the ice has been off over a month, and there isn't a trace of snow anywhere. We had a dusting early last week, but it goes away quick this time of year. Come in late June, and bring your shade shelter. The winds of early June "should" be gone for the most part. The first two weeks of June can have days and days of steady high winds though.
[signature]
Thanks good to know. I will plan on the 23-25.
[signature]
Sorry if I wasn’t being clear. After seeing pics of the current snowpack at bald mtn I wasn’t sure how it looked on the eastern side. Just want to make sure I’m not gonna travel into winter conditions is all.
[signature]
[quote albinotrout]Sorry if I wasn’t being clear. After seeing pics of the current snowpack at bald mtn I wasn’t sure how it looked on the eastern side. Just want to make sure I’m not gonna travel into winter conditions is all.[/quote][size 4][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]Gotcha! By the time you go, you will be hard pressed to see snow pack anywhere. Even Mirror Lake Hwy (SR 150) over/past Bald Mtn will be clear by then. Good luck and tight lines to you. [/#][/font][/size]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Thanks! Now I just need to decide on a campground. Somewhere close to the water would be nice.
[signature]
I’m a big fan of the Lucerne campground, nice centreal location, nice camp and usually good hosts
[signature]
Cool, I’ll look into it.
[signature]
Great resource to see conditions here http://www.flaminggorgewebcams.com/
[signature]
I was there last week and on Thursday it was a blizzard for most of the day and VERY cold. Friday, you never would have known that you were at the same lake. Sunny, Warm, beautiful and plenty of fish
[signature]
June is a great time to go to the gorge!! It's nice and warm and the fish bite most of th ed time,especially if the wknd is a blowing!![reply][/reply]
[signature]