Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wyoming boat shuttle
I fish a river in Wyoming often. I would like to take my drift boat but there is no shuttle service where I go. Was wondering if anyone else has this dilemma.
Thought maybe it would work to coordinate with someone else who takes a boat out there. We could shuttle each other. My boat trailer has a receiver to possibly pull 2 trailers at once.
Anyone?
[signature]
We take a bicycle. Leave the truck/trailer at one end of the drift and the bike at the other. When we are prepping to fish, the guy on the bike rides up to where we launch. Then, we when we finish drifting a section, we drive back and pick up the bike. It's good exercise and usually not too difficult (takes about 30-45 minutes depending on the length and number of hills.).
[signature]
I saw a guy doing that one time. He was riding uphill with a headwind while wearing waders. We gave him a ride. But the idea of doing the ride before the float is smart. I’ve used an atv before. On some floats the river and road are far apart which makes the drive quite a bit more distance than the float.
[signature]
I’ve done the bike in Seedskadee and occasionally when wading upstream in canyons without trails to hike back. I always leave the bike uphill if it isn’t relatively flat. Of course floating you always end downhill [Wink]. But if you have an ATV that would seem to be a good choice if the road is a long way around.
[signature]
I’d say since that place is no longer a secret and the hordes are there every day of the week you should start a shuttle business and at least make some money 😁
[signature]
Caleb was doing that out of the store for a while but didn't get enough business to support it.
If you have to go it alone stash the bike at weeping rocks and fish that first section hard. I've had times that the wind wouldn't let me row down stream below there and had to walk back to the truck anyway.
There is almost always some nice people there to watch your gear if you are alone and I have often been offered a ride back to the launch. After which I often offer to float them the next day and then I have a shuttle buddy.
[signature]
That river was so nice before the internet came along.
[signature]