Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bass biting at Pineview 5/15/2019
Made it up to Pineview yesterday and hooked into some smallmouth on the float tubes. My wife caught the biggest which we released right away as it was a female full of eggs. We launched at 7 am and wished we had been there earlier. Most caught on curly tail grubs or gitzits. Water temp was 54. Unfortunately it looks like a long bout of cold weather is going to change things up his weekend though, just when the fishing is starting to turn on. We had a great time and hope to come back soon!
[signature]
Nice! I love those springtime smallies!
[signature]
Nice bass Mrs.!

Thanks for the temp info Dave
[signature]
Thanks for the report and pics. Have they started charging to launch yet? Any crappie?
[signature]
We just put in near a pullout off the side of the highway, so I am not sure about whether they are changing to launch yet. And as far as crappie, I haven’t specifically targeted them on Pineview but they would be a welcomed catch for sure [Wink]
[signature]
$18 per day to launch

$155 Season pass
[signature]
Crazy!
[signature]
And it doesn't matter if you launch the Queen Mary or a tube, either. If you use their ramp, you pay $18. They do NOT honor the Parks Pass.

I used to love Pineview, and it's only a few miles from my house. But no more. I'll take my Parks Pass to Willard, thank you.
[signature]
So are you saying they are open or is that the fee they will charge when they open?
[signature]
I've caught plenty of crappie at PV while fishing for bass, I guess you have to be in the right spot[Wink].
[signature]
They are charging
[signature]
I hear you about PV and the state park pass. You don't even have to launch a boat. That is the fee to go into "the park" for a day pass. Couldn't even drive through the cemetery point area without paying. I talked to one of the hostesses up there and she said even at that price they pack em in. The new company started 2 weeks earlier this year.
Be nice if some land owner on the lake made a ramp and charged 1/2 price. Or have a public ramp at Browning--that would be even better! What a novel idea.
[signature]
Thanks for the report! I'll be hitting up Pineview soon once the weather turns warm again.
[signature]
Thanks Bry, guess I waited too long to hit the view before the switch over.
[signature]
I swear each year they start charging earlier then the previous, doesn’t matter much to me because I get my $’s worth out of my annual pass
[signature]
[quote Bassin_Blitz]$18 per day to launch

$155 Season pass[/quote][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]It's, without a doubt, the biggest ripoff I'm aware of in this area. Venders managing Federal properties are NOT required to honor ANY Federal access cards. Thanks for nothing Federal Government.[/size][/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]
[/size][/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]I have not, do not, and will not launch my boat on Pineview during the venders control period for Pineview. Since I don't go to Pineview, I can't say for sure, but I believe use of the launch facility is included if you are camping there. I know k2muskie camps there a couple times each summer, so she may add some insight on this. I'm sure the TM crowd will pay the launch fees to target their favorite quarry. I'm sure it is worth it for them and I wish them much success. I'll pass.[/size][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."