Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 Cats and meet another BFTer
Decided to get back to the Bear River, even if all I could do was sit in my truck and watch the rain. Got to the water and had lines wet at 1048 a.m. Barely had time to get them set, get back in the truck for what I figured would be a long, wet day, pour a cup of coffee, and first rod bent over.
10:59 a.m. Cat # 1 landed. Not the monsters that John and Jig-fisher have caught, but my best one this year.

25 minutes later, rain started to let up, even got some sun peeking thru the clouds, and second pole bent over and line started screaming upriver.

In less than an hour, landed 2 good contest bump Cats. Then it was a long sit and wait. Had a 3rd hit that turned out to be a junior kitty still wearing her spotted skin, did a quick release, no photo. About 2 p.m. more sun thru the clouds, and Jig-fisher showed up at my truck window and introduced himself. Now I know who the 2 top dawgs in the Cat contest are by sight. My 2 Cats today should put me up to only 10 points behind him and John. Feels good to get out of that drafty, skunky basement, even if for only a little while. [fishon]
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Nice job on the cats! It was good to meet you and your wife. It's good to see you keep bumping up that score. I was doing a bit of recon after work today, checking out some potentially new spots to try. No fish for me, just some tiny biters that were probably only as long as the bait, but I didn't expect much without any fresh bait.
[signature]
Niiice. You're going to need to get a bigger net!
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Well if that net works for 30 inch Carp, it should be good for 30 in Cats, if I ever hook one [Wink]
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Nice ,,,, that 26 incher is one ugly bugger!

Any body got a pic of an uglier one.
[signature]
I caught one last year that TD nominated as the ugliest of the year. What you can't see is the big patch of missing skin by the dorsal fin and the quarter-sized sores on the other side that looked like the marks left on a car after it has been shot. Not as ugly I guess as Tin-Can's but worth an honorable mention maybe.

http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gfo..._id=132993
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

[quote castnshoot]Nice ,,,, that 26 incher is one ugly bugger!

Any body got a pic of an uglier one.[/quote]
[#0000FF]Used to have a pic of a big nasty beat-up daddy cat one of our now inactive members caught at the mouth of the 3rd spring at Lincoln Beach. But it was one of the casualties of a computer catastrophe a few years ago.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Here are a couple of others...one caught by BLK and they other by some dude in a tube.[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Congrats Forest, glad your persistence is paying off... even if it is an ugly bugger... Later J
[signature]