Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fish lake.. 5/18/19
made it up to the lake around 7:30 ish cold icey wind blowing got out on the lake put some tommy knockers out had some new one i just painted up in a Utah Sucker pattern. hit the first fish north of the cheese hole. a 20 lbs'er on the sucker pattern. went over to bowery and hit the big fish of the day off the hump a 29.6 lbs'er off the sucker knocker again.. then my buddy hit a 25.4 lbs'er off the same spot about 2 hours later on a Rainbow knocker.. then about awhile later he hit his big fish of the day on the other sucker knocker i painted up, it was 28.5.. good opening day for us..
[signature]
That is an awesome day! Are those homemade lures? I have never heard of them.
[signature]
Holy crap, Batman, those are some fish! Congrats. It sounds like you do that on a regular basis. [Smile][fishon] If you ever need any help ...
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

hand made by me.. i have a custom lure making and painting shop on FB
[signature]
Wow Ron, I am impressed. And to be able to catch them without even putting hooks on your lures![Wink]

Downrigging or long lining?
[signature]
thats the trick ! [sly] long line up top.
[signature]
What is your Facebook page link?
[signature]
https://www.facebook.com/fuzzyfisher/
[signature]
Man those are some nice Macs. Thanks for sharing. Will look for your Facebook page and check out your gear. If my bride asks just remind her about the agreement to keep the her shoe and my tackle purchases equal and I will live to try them
[signature]
Nice lures!
[signature]
Stocking kokanee in FL is really paying off for you!
[signature]
Great fish! Thanks for sharing!!

(I'm a little worried about that sore on your belly. You should have that looked at.)
[signature]
Great report, man I can't believe there are so many big Macs down there, that lake didn't seem that big to me, but it has sure grown some nice looking fish... Thanks for sharing a fun report... Later J
[signature]
It looks like you have taken the old Heddon Lucky13 style and enlarged and made it jointed !! The old paddle boarders swore by the "wooden" Lucky13's, would not use the plastic ones. Good catching there !! Have you tried those up to the Gorge at all??
[Tongue][Smile]
[signature]
really they were off the J-plug, and A/C plugs. the old wood lucky 13 id was a top water.
i have used them up at FG but only one time and caught a 8 lbs brown and some pup's
[signature]