Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yuba adventure
Hey everyone, I’m taking a last minute trip on Saturday to Yuba and have no idea we’re to go or what to use for pike I’m taking my boat so any pointers would be awesome I would appreciate any info or pointers
[signature]
I fish yuba very often, forget the pike there’s good smallies and wiper in there tho!! The pike seem to be very few and far between! They’re still there but I think for pike utah lake your odds are better they did put a bunch of bows in tho
[signature]
Smallies? When did yuba become a good smallie fishery? Not doubting you just curious I haven't been there in years.
[signature]
yuba has smallies and wipers ?? I see they stocked tiger muskies, catfish, walleye, perch and rainbows but I didn't see where they stocked wipers and small mouth bass.
where did you get this info ??
[signature]
funny thing about fish: they swim. Both upstream and downstream. SMB and wipers both could find their way downstream from places like Piute and Otter Creek. Especially when you consider that Piute gets flushed -- all those fish end up somewhere.
[signature]
Damn, the secret is out !!! NOW we need some forage for them to eat !!
stock chubs?
Transfer perch from Fish Lake to Yuba?
[signature]
See this thread from last August:

http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gfo...s;#1049934
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Thanks, wow they did all this new stocking of different species to a few of the lakes around salt lake, After I move away, damn. Oh well.
[signature]
I’ve pulled a few smallmouth for the last about 4 years from there while walleye fishing, and last summer we pulled a bunch of wiper about 12” or so all catch and release
[signature]