Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bad Day fishing
Hello,

As you can see from the picture, I had a bad day fishing. It's not everyday I make a mistake with my baitcaster and get backlash. This actually ended my fishing day quite early. I'm not mad, at least I got to get out, and this reel needs to be re spooled with new line anyway.

Also saw a bald eagle above my house. So, it wasn't all bad!

Jared
[signature]
Yep, it happens, have had my share of bad days this spring. Still beats sitting on the couch. I just love to get out, catching fish is a bonus.
[signature]
You are so right. At least I wasn't sitting on the couch all day getting depressed. One thing you need to know about me, it is I have ADHD. Because of that, I have a need to move around a lot, and if I sit down for too long, I get depressed. So, fish or not, it was good for me to get out.

You're also right, catching fish is a bonus. If it were all about catching the fish, it will be called catching, not fishing.

Anyway, I'll fix my baitcaster on Monday.

You know what they say, "a bad day fishing is still better than a good day at work!"

Many people have told me that when I worked at Lowes. It stuck to me.

Jared
[signature]
It only takes a minute or two to pull that out. Carry small crochet hooks with you so you can grab the loops from underneath. That appears to only have a few buried loops and you are good to go again!
[signature]
Thank you. I think I'll try that sometime. I actually took off all the line and re-spooled it, because it needed to be re-spooled anyway. That line was pretty old, it was starting to break a lot.

I'll take your advice if the backlash happens again.

Jared
[signature]