Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Red Fleet update 5/31
I decided to hit Red Fleet this morning to check on the Wipers and Walleyes. Launched at 7 am and had my first Wiper within 10 minutes my Red Fleet personal best. I didn't weigh or measure it why I couldn't tell you, but I think it's so I could embellish my catch. I would think it was around 3 to 4 pounds. Overall a good day 6 Wipers 1 Tiger Trout and 1 tagged bow both around 16 inches. Wipers were caught trolling a #5 firertiger flicker shad and a couple were caught with a 1/8 ounce neon moon eye jig with a maniac minnow. As for the slimers honestly who really cares.

As for the Walleye they were a no show these steryl fish are hard to figure out but time will tell. I also threw a small jigg with a skirt tail and killed the crappie but they are not very big yet. Water temp 56 at launch and warmed to 60 around noon will give it another whirl in the morning.
[signature]
Great report, thanks for sharing it with us. Good to read the wipers are doing good there, it sure is nice that the DWR are planting them in different parts of the state. They are very deceptive on their weight, most wipers that size are rarely over two lbs but it really depend on how fat they are and of course the length. Was that one over 18" or under. How did you do yesterday on your return trip?
[signature]
It was 19 1/4
[signature]
When wipers get over 18" they are hard to judge by a pic, so you could very well be right on the weigh, if it was a fat fish. Good to see they are getting that big already in RF.
[signature]
Been waiting for a red fleet report. Thank you!
[signature]
Welcome to the site.
[signature]
[quote wiperhunter2]Welcome to the site.[/quote]

Thank you! I've lurked for a long time! It's good to see a thriving online fishing community!
[signature]
If you make it to Red Fleet, please post a report, we don't get many reports from that lake, thanks.
[signature]