Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry 6/1/2018
My old post on the Strawberry side, Was catching a lot of big Kokanee this time last year, this year have only fished it 2 times, and have not caught a kokanee
this week will need to go a lot to catch up. SC has been OK but not a lot of big Kokanee

The way things are looking the kokanee will be smaller this year, will soon find out.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Strawberry 6/1/2018
This should help some of you out

at 7:30 AM
water temp
top water 53.4 deg
down 22 feet 52.7 deg
down 34 feet 51.2 deg
down 51 feet 48.6 deg.

we were there 3 days this week
catching was real good
we got some on top letting line out
some at 13' 15' 22' 25' 29' we went down below 29' don't remember catching any.

I would think in a week that 52 deg water temp. should start to move down.
the big kokanee I think was more about location on the lake than how deep they were. biggest I got this week was 22" some 20"
[signature]
As you know Robert, every year is different. Last year we had an early Spring and it was a much drier, this year was a later Spring and it has been much wetter. From the sounds of it, things are running several weeks later this year, so hopefully thing will improve, as you said, you will find out soon. By all accounts, last year was a very good year, so you could be right, the fish could be smaller this year but we will keep our fingers crossed[Wink].
[signature]
It was the 1st weekend in June that we fished up there together last year. That was one very memorable trip! I sure hope that over the next few weeks things settle into a more "normal" pattern. Water temps are still in the 40's.
[signature]