Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Funny fishing story
Hello,

So, funny fishing story.

I was fishing the creek in front of a Walmart near where I live. I was fortunate to find an extra spool of fly line to replace all the line I lost on the Payette.

I have a strange habit that whenever I hook a fish, battle music from a video game goes through my head. I hooked a trout, and the regular battle music started in my head. I was able to bring it in. it was a small trout.

Then, I put my fly back into the water. It drifted into a tunnel. I felt a small bite, and I hooked the fish. The regular battle music went through my head instantly. I was reeling it in, it wasnt fighting that hard. All the sudden, I saw what I hooked. It was a 3 pound sucker. It saw me, and darted back into the tunnel, pulling out line fast.

The music in my head instantly changed from regular battle music to boss battle music.

After 3 minutes of fighting it on my fly rod, I quickly put my phone down and started a recording. 90 seconds later, I finally landed the big sucker.

The creek is by a busy street. I actually got the attention of some drivers, who pulled to the parking lot to watch me. They all congratulated me on catching a big fish in a small creek.

What I think is funny is the fact that music goes through my head while I am reeling in a fish, and the music is different depending on how the fish is fighting and how big it is.

I am working on getting the video to my laptop, which is a hassle with my kind of phone. As soon I get it transferred, I will show you all.

Jared
[signature]
good story. any star wars music involved?
[signature]
I can see how Star Wars music would be fitting, but that wasn't what I was thinking. When I hooked the trout, music from the video game Xenoblade Chronicles X went through my head. The music title was called "black tar."

When I hooked the sucker, that same music went through my head until I saw it. When it put up a much stronger fight, the music shifted from "black tar" to "Uncontrollable," another piece from the same game.

The first piece is a regular battle, but if an enemy in the game that has special stats, kind of like a super Boss shows up, the music shifts to the next piece.

That's basically what happened in my mind when I hooked the sucker. The music shifted from the regular battle to the super boss battle.

That's what I found so funny.

As for Star Wars music, maybe I'll try that next time I hook a big one.

Jared
[signature]