Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Strawberry Fees
Thanks Bob.
[signature]
Sunrise on the water
I find this section Very Interesting.

HEBER-KAMAS RANGER DISTRICT
 The following Strawberry Reservoir fee day use areas will no longer be included in the
concession permit: Chicken East, Haws Point, Jakes Bay, Ladders, Mud Creek, Badger
Point, Soldier Creek Dam, Soldier Creek Day Use Area, Soldier Creek Boat Ramp,
Strawberry Boat Ramp, Renegade Boat Ramp, Aspen Grove Boat Ramp.
Prospectus for Campground and Related Granger-Thye Concessions, Uinta Wasatch Cache National Forest
Previous edition obsolete
 The following fee lift stations will no longer be included in the permit: Lodgepole,
Strawberry Bay, and Soldier Creek.
[signature]
Sunrise on the water
I refuse to pay the fees at both Strawberry/Soldier Creek and Pineview. I have not fished either for over 20 years because of the policies there. It is ridiculous that our tax dollars have built, maintained, stocked with fish, and all other aspects of these two reservoirs are paid by public funds and then you have to pay ridiculous launch fees for them. Don't care what they say, these are public waters and should be treated as such. I wonder how long the water users would maintain such high fees if no one used the lake !! I'll go to Deer Creek, Jordanelle, Rockport, Echo, East CAnyon, Starvation, Utah Lake, or even Yuba before I will go to either Strawberry or Pineview.
Wet1, I agree that is very interesting. I'm not sure how to interpret, though it seems to indicate that the concessionaire does not have right to charge day use and launch fees unless there is separate prospectus? Then again, who is responsible for those facilities?
[signature]
That's what it sounds like to me and they aren't responsible to maintain them. That may mean the Forest Service is responsible for maintaining the fish cleaning stations.
[signature]
Sunrise on the water
I'll, also add that it seems that some of the fees are a 'stretch' from what is in the prospectus.

For example someone mentioned parking at PV, and I'll throw in the parking charges they charge at Tony Grove up Logan Canyon just to access the trailhead to White Pine lake. From the Prospectus:

M. Fees Charged to the Public
The permit holder may charge the public fees only to the extent that the Forest Service can charge recreation fees under REA. All recreation fees must be specified per developed recreation site. The holder must honor the proposed pricing through the first full operating season. Thereafter, the holder may propose price adjustments with justification.
Permit holders may not charge for any of the following:
 Solely for parking, undesignated parking, or picnicking along roads or trail sides.
 General access, unless specifically authorized by REA.
Prospectus for Campground and Related Granger-Thye Concessions, Uinta Wasatch Cache National Forest
Previous edition obsolete
 Dispersed areas with low or no investment, unless specifically authorized by REA.
[signature]
Good points
[signature]
Sunrise on the water
I've had the same experience as MtnCat. Both times I've been up there, nobody was in the booth to pay. Two days of free fishing for me. With the unemployment rate so low, they may be having a hard time getting enough staff to perform all the jobs that are needed. I would think that having someone collect the fees would be more important to them. Not complaining, I'm going to keep going for free! just sayin.

humpy
[signature]