Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lincoln Beach Today
Arrived at the launch about 7:30 this morning. Lynn was there to catch some White Bass. No other trailers in the lot. Water had a slight chop. Started fishing in the reeds and had two inquires. Both small dark males. Got tired of listening to the Carp thrashing around and bumping my line. Decided to start drifting. Most of my bigger fish came from 8-10’ of water. Most caught on white bass. 12 total for the day. Most around 25”. I did catch one 30 1/4”. Not enough for a bump up. I pulled, squeezed, and stretched but couldn’t get another 1/4”. Decided to head home about 11:30. Not fast action but a pretty good day. One other trailer in the lot when I left.
[signature]
sounds like some good action! next time the 31"er will be there.
[signature]
I'm going out after them tomorrow -- so do I go deep or fish the reed line? I guess they are where you find them. Sounds like TD caught his bigger fish in deeper water today. I'll probably start in deeper water and see if there are players, if not, I will work the reeds again.

'Tis the season and there seems to be willing cats everywhere now. Expect to post up my first 30+er tomorrow -- catfish, not northern pike.[Wink]
[signature]
Thanks for the report and I'm glad you found some good fish. Did the 30 1/4 appear to be spawned out?

I have the same dilemma as BLK mentioned. It is hard to leave the reeds when there are lots of fish, but I always wonder if the bigger ones are deeper. I suspect some are and some aren't right now.

I'm still looking for anything that starts with 30! (and has no scales)
[signature]
I would go with the deep water. If today’s pattern holds up. You are right Lynn catch’m where you find them.
[signature]
The 30 1/4” was a big headed, dark blue, thick lipped male with a bad attitude. I thought he would have been bigger. Still hoping for a 34”! Something that surprised me today is the males I caught didn’t have any battle scars. All were complete with 2 good eyes. ???
[signature]