Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi everyone from Utah
Hi everyone! I’m Tom and I live and fish around Utah county.
Haven’t done much freshwater fishing in a while so I’m relearning! Got real focused in on saltwater for the last 10 years or so.
[signature]
Welcome to the site Tom, lots of good info on freshwater fishing on the Utah board. I'll move your post there so local anglers can greet you?
WH2
[signature]
Welcome to BFT and Utah County fishing. A number of us are located near or fish in Utah Lake and other area lakes and streams. We're a pretty friendly group, (except for old what's-his-name [Wink]) and would be glad to point you to places and techniques we use. Do you have a boat?
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

I just looked at your profile and see that you live in Cedar Hills. If you like trout fishing there are four places up American Fork Canyon and if you like warm water fishing you can access Utah Lake at American Fork and Lindon. Let us know what you are interested in and we can help.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Welcome to the site Tom! This is place for sure!

You'll certainly get a lot of help from many here, learn where the hottest fishing is, often in real time, you can get help with gear set up, and many often will invite someone to go along with them for a hands on experience.

We have others who now fish here that have fished salt water in the past, some even still do when they travel back.

Where was it that you were fishing salt water?

Did you fish from the beach/shore or from a boat?
[signature]
Catchinon,

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I do have a boat, just got it last week. Small Jon type.

I would love to get some pointers of areas to go. I’m interested in places that my wife and I can go but also places I can take my grandkids. I’ve mainly been taking them to Highland Glen pond but they haven’t been able to catch anything

Tom
[signature]
JJANNIE

I used to live on the California central coast. Surf fishing, Kayak fishing and I had a offshore boat. Beautiful little town called Morro Bay but California is too expensive and is literally going insane so when I retired I moved out here to be close to family and grandkids
[signature]
I grew up in Atascadero, I learned how to fish on Santa Margarita Lake, San Antonio Lake, Atascadero Lake and the local creeks and fished many times with Virg's out of Morro Bay and San Simeon. I love the central coast and get back there every couple years, my older brothers family lives in the house I grew up in and my younger brothers family lives in Los Osos.
[signature]
Welcome to Utah and to BFT. As been said we will try to point you in all the right directions that has helped us. There are many helpful members. I live in Santaquin which is on the south end of the Utah Lake. We have Lincoln Beach down on this end which has been quite fruitful for catfish which is what I mainly fish for. If you ever want to venture this way maybe we can get together some time if your interested.
[signature]
Welcome aboard brother. There are a lot of knowledgeable fishermen on this site. If you have any questions just ask. I am sure someone on here will help you find what you need.
[signature]
Tom, I have two suggestions for nearby places that are kid friendly. North Lake Park is in Lehi at 500 W 2000 South (aka Lakeview Drive), 20 min. from you; Tibble Fork Reservoir is 21 minutes up American Fork Canyon just off the Alpine Loop. The Park pond has bluegill. A bit of nightcrawler would probably make good bait. The rainbow trout in Tibble Fork would take worms, too, and Rainbow Power Bait ought to work as well. Let us know how it goes.
[signature]

[quote obifishkenobi]I grew up in Atascadero, I learned how to fish on Santa Margarita Lake, San Antonio Lake, Atascadero Lake and the local creeks and fished many times with Virg's out of Morro Bay and San Simeon. I love the central coast and get back there every couple years, my older brothers family lives in the house I grew up in and my younger brothers family lives in Los Osos.[/quote]

I loved it there! My office was in Los Osos! If I ever win the lottery I would buy a vacation home in Cayucos or Morro Bay. I’m a retired Battalion Chief with Cal Fire / San Luis Obispo County Fire.
[signature]
I'll be down on Strawberry fishing for kokanee salmon tomorrow through Sunday if you want to meet me up there I would be happy to take you out, send me a private message if your interested and we can work out the details.
[signature]
Welcome to BFT! Good to have you here.
[signature]
Welcome aboard .
[signature]
There's Always Time For One More Cast
Welcome to Utah Tom, and to the Utah BFT forum. Maybe you have already gathered this is a pretty active forum on BFT, one of the most active I think.
Lots of guys and gals on here. Many are involved with the annual BFT Catfish Contest right now, but fish for many other species from many bodies of water.

I am also a sort of transplanted Californian. Born in LA, grew up in Calif from El Monte to Sacramento and back to Arcadia . Left SoCal to join USAF. Ended up in Utah after retiring from active duty.

You have a Jon boat? Flat bottom, low sides ? Good boat for the times waters here are shallow.

Good luck, and good fishing [fishon]
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Welcome Tom, you hit the jackpot here. These are some of the best people that you will ever rub elbows with and all are more than willing to offer tips and advice. Make sure you make the next FLOTILLA they are a blast. You will also be amazed at the knowledge that a lot of these folks have I just happen to not be one of those.
[signature]