Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost Creek Kayak Fishing and Stand Up Paddleboarding Sunday 6/23
I will be using my Dave Scadden inflatable fishing kayak for the first time. It looks like it has excellent stability and fishing features and I will try it also as a stand up paddleboard because it is good for stand up sight fishing. I'll bring my fishing equipment. It will be my first time to Lost Creek Reservoir, so tips on fishing, the kinds of fish and what is catching them, the nature of the shore (sand, gravel, mud?) and area trails for off-roading fun and places to see would be appreciated. If any of us will be fishing there, be sure to visit.
[signature]
Ron, you are always up to something interesting. That looks like a mean, green, fishin' machine. Let us know how it went.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

I like it!

I gave up rod handling for kayak paddle handling, but all things have compromises.

But, I haven't given up on leg power. I might construct something someday except I have a lot of things that come first.

At first I was going to buy a stand up paddleboard for fishing. Dave Scadden had one years ago in camouflage that I liked and for years camouflage wasn't available. Then I saw he had this fishing kayak that I can stand up to fish. Though it would catch more wind than a low to the water surface board, it was fairly low and a compromise for being able to take rougher water and probably better stability and nice rod holders and probably better speed.

Since then I saw something new at Scheels. The pictured colorful flat thing that has float tube features for holding a rod while using fins yet the low wind catching advantages of a paddleboard and can sit or stand and it looks like it will have excellent stability and you can even use oars. It looks like a great idea. Has anyone fished with one?
[signature]