Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New boat
Just got a new boat planning on getting back into fishing from boat with the family. I’ve shore fished for the last 8 years. And don’t get allot of time to scout waters being I’m home 4 days out of the month. Anyone have any pointers on catching bows or eyes in deer creek, Yuba, starvation I’m used to using a bb with a crawler harness and trolling. Anyone know if the blue algae is under control at Utah lake?
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3] [/size][/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]I took a look at your profile and see that you’ve been absent from these boards (not logged in) since Jan 2015. I would guess that being on the road is the reason. These boards are absolutely FULL of tips and pointers for just about all the waters you are interested in and doing some searches for a lake or fish species will generate a ton of information for you. Most of the folks I see in your profession when I travel all have laptops or notebooks with them and I assume you probably do also. Just get in the habit of logging in during your meal breaks, rest breaks, etc. and monitor a couple of the BFT forums on a regular basis. Make a few notes as you browse and put them to use when you finally get back home and get out on the water. As a general rule, trolling dodger/squid combinations will work just about anywhere on trout. BBs/harnesses will still work for the eyes. Stop into your favorite local tackle emporium and check out the very latest and newest harness selections and update your stock.[/size][/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3] [/size][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
There is no algae problem at Utah Lake at this time and I don't expect there will be for quite some time. The fishing for channel cats is hot right now. A number of members could outline just how to catch them from a boat if you ask.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Yeah on the road and not fishing much when home. Haven’t had a boat in the water since 2009 so my trolling game is outdated. Haven’t seen much about perch or eyes on deer creek. Is a bb and crawler harness still one of the better techniques? Also how do I get my hands on one of the bft flags?
[signature]
PM Skunkedagain about flags.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

[quote Waalleyeslayer]Also how do I get my hands on one of the bft flags?[/quote]
http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gfo...ead#unread
[signature]
Slayer, great to have you back I am and avid Walleye chaser and probably fish Starvation 25 days a year. It's been very different this year because of the weather and the spawn being so late. But the l last time out (friday) I did pretty well before I got blown off.

I fish Deer Creek many times each year and mainly fish from Island up towards Charlston. I have stoped using bottom bouncers and went to a Lindy Rigg with a walking sinker they accomplish the same thing but a Lindy Rigg is so much easier and more fun to fish.
[signature]