Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming George Weekend
We fished FG out of Lucerne marina sat and Sunday. Did well on kokes Saturday with Paulina pink in uV and pink colors along with purple/Orange or the black/ orange/ silver squids. Leaders at 10” speed 1.5. Fished Rawlings the whole time for Kokes.
Ran all the usual laker troll areas and not good on the big ones. Tight lipped. Did pick up some pups. Weather change affected the kokes in Sunday and not to many large ones. Pm me if you need more info !
[signature]
that's exactly what we did . i guess great minds think alike. [Tongue] man those lakers had lock jaw bad .
[signature]
Thanks
We are thinking about going this week but the wind may have something to do with not going
[signature]
Hi. We are going Friday to Sunday this week. Will be in a grey Ductworth with a big black USA on it. Will be up at Buckboard on Saturday. If you see us come by and say hi!!
[signature]
Have a great trip, looking forward to the report and pics
[signature]
We fished out of Lucerne as well Fri, Sat, and Sunday went up to Buckboard.

Friday fished Hideout area down to Carter Creek caught lots and lots of kokanee. Most were on the smallish side but got some a bit bigger around where the osprey nest is there on the rock that's actually in the water. Depth was between 40 - 50 ft and caught most of them on a Silver scale 7.6" Mack's Double D dodger with a Kokanee Creek pink w/silver scale Osprey and a Kokanee Creek Matrix dodger with their Gold Digger spinner trolling right around 1.5 mph.

Saturday we didn't get much time on the water but managed a couple of hours just round the marina in the Swim Beach area. Same setups worked well but the fish were definitely bigger and were hitting harder too. Couldn't keep them of the pink Osprey for sure.

Sunday we launched out of Buckboard and headed toward the Confluence starting at Current Creek. Same story the Double D and pink Osprey caught and the fish were bigger still. We changed up tactics and started using larger Rapalas and crankbaits going for lakers, browns, and rainbows. To my amazement we caught our largest kokanee on these lures. I couldn't believe it. A 19" 3lb koke on a Yozuri rainbow crankbait trolling 2.2 mph, who would have thunk it. We made it up to the Confluence and thought we'd try a different spot down by Lowe Canyon up to the Buckboard Bay. By the time we made it down there the wind started to pick up but was able to get a nice pup 75' down on a Cabelas foil spoon. Would have like to worked that area a bit longer but it got late and we had a long drive ahead of us.

It was a pleasure talking to you and I'm glad you had some success and would be happy to share any info or just fishing stories anytime. Just an FYI we usually spend most of our time at Flaming Gorge at the Lucerne Campground. We are usually in a Cabelas Alaknak tent with a white GMC truck and maroon LUND 1875 Impact XS. I welcome you or anyone else to stop by and say hello we love to meet fellow BFTers!!!
[signature]
Great post Knotty! We will be there friday to sunday. Little worried about friday with the wind so prob hide in a canyon somewhere Smile maybe sheep creek area. Will hit buckboard sat morning.
[signature]